Poás Volcano, Doka Coffee, and La Paz Waterfall Private Tour Highlights
1Learn about the local coffee culture at Doka Coffee Estate.
2Ascend into the cloud forest to admire Poás Volcano - one of the country's most popular active volcanoes with one of the largest craters in the world.
3Walk along the path toward Botos Lagoon and discover the park's diverse ecosystems.
4Venture to La Paz Waterfall Garden, where you'll admire the spectacular Magia Blanca and explore Costa Rica's largest butterfly observatory.
Why we chose this tourOur Poás Volcano, Doka Coffee, and La Paz Waterfall Tour takes you on a journey through Costa Rica's Pan-American route. You'll learn about the region's infamous coffee culture before climbing into the cloud forest to discover Poás Volcano, along with one of the world's largest craters. Take in the rich biodiversity, which includes more than 110 species of wild animals, and learn about the different ecosystems in the area. Then continue on to the Caribbean to admire the spectacular Magia Blanca waterfall and the largest butterfly observatory in the country.
Our Poás Volcano, Doka Coffee, and La Paz Waterfall Tour is available every day and invites you to an in-depth experience of Costa Rica’s cloud forests. You’ll visit the Doka Coffee Estate to learn about Costa Rica’s iconic coffee culture, then ascend into the cloud forest to Poás Volcano, where you’ll contemplate the world’s second-largest crater and 110 species of wild animals.
Venture along the path toward the stunning Botos Lagoon, as you learn about the park’s diverse ecosystems. Then continue on to the Caribbean to La Paz Waterfall Gardens, where you’ll admire the breathtaking Magia Blanca waterfall and experience the largest butterfly observatory in the country. Explore the impressive gallery of hummingbirds and other species native to the region.
The Poás Volcano, Doka Coffee, and La Paz Waterfall Tour starts and ends in San José with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Poás Volcano, Doka Coffee, and La Paz Waterfall Private Tour Itinerary
7:00-8:00 - Pickup from San José
- Collection from 5 centralized hotels in San José
8:30 Breakfast at the Coffee Plantation
- Enjoy a typical Costa Rican breakfast buffet style at the restaurant of the Coffee Plantation before starting the tour.
9:00 - Doka Estate Coffee Tour
- Learn about the history and importance of Coffee in Costa Rica,
11:20 - Poás Volcano
- Explore the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles.
- Start your way to the beautiful Botos lagoon, where you will learn more about the different ecosystems of the park.
12:45 - Buffet Lunch
- Enjoy a buffet lunch at the Waterfalls Gardens Reserve
- There are different options including vegetarian and vegan dishes
13:45 - La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Stop at the La Paz Waterfall Gardens, a natural park where you will see the spectacular Magia Blanca waterfall.
- The park is the home of the largest butterfly observatory in the country.
- Furthermore you explore the impressive gallery of hummingbirds, the serpentarium, the old house,the bird house and the frog exhibition.
17:00-18:15 Drop off in San José
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Poás Volcano, Doka Coffee, and La Paz Waterfall Private Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help