Picos and Potes Tour from Santander & Torrelavega Highlights
1Drive across scenic Cantabria with a group of 8 travelers
2Visit the breathtaking red-roofed Monastery of Santo Toribio
3Explore the beautiful bridges and rushing rivers of Potes
4Dive into the natural splendor of this iconic area
Why we chose this tourOur Picos and Potes Tour from Santander & Torrelavega, limited to an intimate 8 people, explores the natural wonders, religious significance, and historic beauty of charming Cantabria with an expert guide. You'll get to discover the natural beauty the region is famous for, visit a working monastery to see a religious relic, and spend time in one of its most beautiful cities. This tour is available every Sunday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Picos and Potes Tour from Santander & Torrelavega Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Santander & Torrelavega
- You will be picked up from centralized pick up locations. Please be there 5 minutes before departure.
Guided Tour of Picos de Europa National Park, Monastery of Santo Toribio & Potes
- Begin your journey with a drive through the striking scenery of Cantabria, winding your way past raging rivers, lush forests, picturesque villages, and all the impressive beauty of the Picos de Europa mountain range.
- When you've arrived at Fuente Dé and the famous Hermida Gorge, take some time to either ride the cable car to the upper station at 6,000 feet above sea level for panoramic views of the rugged region around you or simply walk around the wooded area above the gorge.
- Continue to the Monastery of Santo Toribio, considered one of Christianity's 4 Holy Places, and a resting place for the Lignum Crucis as well as an active Franciscan monastery.
- The Lignum Crucis is the largest and most well-preserved piece of wood from the cross that Jesus was rumored to be crucified on and is a key Christian relic.
- Stroll to the viewpoint of the Hermitage de San Miguel, close to the monastery and offering beautiful views of Picos unfolding far below you.
- The last adventure of the day takes place in Potes, the capital of Liébana, and often dubbed the most beautiful town in all of Spain.
- Walk the cobblestone streets for a guided tour of the architecture and history of Potes, admiring the many bridges and the medieval tower, Torre de Infantado before you take some free time.
- You can use the time to eat, check out the artisanal shops that line the streets, or buy some souvenirs before your tour ends.
17:30 - Drop off at Santander & Torrelavega
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Picos and Potes Tour from Santander & Torrelavega are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Picos and Potes Tour from Santander & Torrelavega, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from your Santander & Torrelavega by Minivan
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & warm clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The tour is suitable for all ages
In case of bad weather conditions, the tour may be cancelled. In that case, we will try to change your travel date, or you will receive a refund