1Explore Aqaba, Jordan’s resort town
2Discover authentic Bedouin hospitality and enjoy a delicious homemade meal
3Take a Jeep ride through the Wadi Rum desert and capture stunning photos
4Tour Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and New Wonder of the World, and see its main sites like the Siq, Treasury, and Tombs
5Explore Petra on your own, with an option to hike to the Monastery
Why we chose this tourOur Petra & Wadi Rum Tour - 2 Days from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem will transport you to a magnificent world, unlike anything you've experienced before. This tour is perfect for travelers who are thirsty for adventure, history, and culture. Step foot in places that are beyond your imagination and absorb the dramatic scenery and spectacular colors that surround you on your night in the Martian-like desert and your days of exploring.
Our Petra & Wadi Rum Tour – 2 Days from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem will take you through the awe-inspiring Wadi Rum desert to the ancient city of Petra. Petra is Jordan’s top tourist attraction and one of the most impressive archaeological sites in the world. Your tour will start bright and early, when you’ll make your way through the inspiring Negev Desert in Israel towards the southernmost city of Israel, Eilat. From Eilat, you will transfer over the Jordanian border to the resort city of Aqaba.
You will have time to explore the city of Aqaba before heading to the Mars-like Wadi Rum desert, where home for the night will be a Bedouin campsite. You’ll be spoiled with authentic Bedouin hospitality that the desert nomadic group is renowned for. As the day cools, you’ll enjoy an exhilarating desert Jeep safari and be spellbound by the otherworldly surroundings. At nighttime, you’ll relish in a traditional Bedouin meal, including Bedouin barbeque, salads, and bread, under the infamous star-studded Jordanian sky.
In the morning, you’ll head further into the desert towards the amazing rose city of Petra. You’ll stop for a view of Mt. Haroun, Aaron’s Tomb, on the way. Arriving in Petra, you’ll enjoy a fully guided tour of one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. A tour guide is indispensable as you explore the amazing feats of mankind. You’ll pass tombs, temples, and an open-air theater, which were all carved into the red sandstone centuries ago. After your tour, you’ll have free time to explore the archaeological city on your own, with an option to hike to the monastery if you choose.
In the late afternoon, you’ll head back to the border where you will again cross with assistance back into Israel and settle in for the drive back to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem with tired feet and a head full of memories. This tour is also available beginning in Eilat for those staying in Israel’s southern city.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Petra & Wadi Rum 2 Day Tour from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
- Pickup in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv (3:00)
- Drive south to the Wadi Arava Border Crossing (approx 4 hours)
- Cross the border into Jordan with full assistance (approx 1-2 hours)
- Explore Aqaba and have free time for lunch (approx 3 hours)
- Transfer to Wadi Rum (approx 1.5 hours)
- Desert Jeep safari (approx 2 hours)
- Authentic Jordanian dinner at the camp and free time at night (optional activities may be booked at reception)
- Overnight in the Bedouin Camp Chalet (Martian tent upgrade available)
- Rise early for a Bedouin breakfast at leisure
- Transfer to Petra and stop at a lookout over Mt Haroun on the way (approx 2 hours)
- Guided tour of Petra (approx 2.5 hours)
- Free time to explore on your own and grab lunch (approx 2.5 hours)
- Depart Petra and head back to the border to cross with full assistance back into Israel (approx 3 hours)
- Drive back to Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, with a rest stop along the way. Arrive around midnight (approx 5 hours)
If you have any questions about our Petra & Wadi Rum 2 Day Tour from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Petra & Wadi Rum 2 Day Tour from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.