Petra Tour with Overnight in Aqaba from Eilat Highlights
01Take the once in a lifetime chance and explore Petra!
02Cross from Israel to Jordan with the help of our professional team.
03Enjoy some free time in Aqaba, to explore the local markets or relax at the beach.
04Explore the highlights of the Rose City on an comprehensive tour!
Why we chose this tourJoin us for our Petra Tour with Overnight in Aqaba from Eilat! It is an incredible way to experience the Red Sea city Aqaba and the extraordinary city of Petra! You will be picked up in Eilat and depart to your adventure and explore the 'Lost City of Petra', one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Discover all the major highlights, such as the treasury, the Siq, and many more on a comprehensive tour with your local guide. You will even have some time to explore Petra on your own! After a day of exploring, you will return to Aqaba, where you will spend the night. Experience Aqaba the next morning on your own and return to Eilat in the afternoon. Our Petra Tour with Overnight in Aqaba from Eilat departs every day and offers travelers the option to stay in Aqaba for a night.
The tour will end at the border in Eilat (Israel) at 15:00 on Day 2. Time spent in Petra will be 5 hours (2h30' guided tour + 2h30' free time)
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Petra Tour with Overnight in Aqaba from Eilat Itinerary
Day 1 - Petra
- 7:00-7:30 - You will be picked up from 1 of our 4 centralized pickup points (within 5 min walk of almost every Eilat hotel).
- After crossing the Arava border with the help[of our border assistance team you will start your way to Petra
- On the way, you will be able to marvel at the wonderful views along the Jordanian Desert highway. You will stop on the way for a short for a view of Mt Haroun (Aaron's Tomb)
- Arrive in Petra and begin a comprehensive tour of the UNESCO Heritage Site. Explore all the highlights including the Siq, the Treasury, the Obelisk Tomb and many more!
- After the tour, you will have some free time to discover Petra on your own.
- After an exciting day, you will meet with your group at the entrance to Petra and head back to Aqaba.
- End your day in the hotel in Aqaba and explore the city at the shores of the Red Sea on your own.
Day 2 - Aqaba
- Enjoy a free morning in the city of Aqaba, you can use the time to relax at the beach, explore the markets or do some watersports.
- You will be picked up from your hotel by 14:00 and return to Eilat.
NB - all timings on Petra Tour with Overnight in Aqaba from Eilat are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Petra Tour with Overnight in Aqaba from Eilat, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transfer from Eilat to the border and back to Eilat
Fully guided tour in Petra with an hand-picked expert tour guide
$70 worth of entry fees to Petra
Hotel in Aqaba including breakfast on day 2
Lunch in a local restaurant
Border fees of US$65 which should be paid in cash at the border (USD or ILS are accepted), as well as Jordanian visa fee of $60 for those who have not pre-arranged a visa
Meals & drinks not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen
Our tour departs as early as possible to ensure timely arrival to the border crossing. By arriving first, this means a quick crossing procedure and more time spent in Petra
For those interested in eating at a local restaurant in Petra, this can be done during the free time on the tour, both inside or outside Petra
Pickup is from centralized locations in Eilat in order to optimize time and arrive at the border early. This enables our group to enjoy Petra up to an hour longer
Guided tour portion in Petra will have a maximum of 25 passengers, however transportation may be with more passengers. Transportation may be shared as larger vehicles are more comfortable and accommodating
Our Petra tour aims to include approximately 4-6 hours in Petra, including 2 hours guided tour and free time.
Languages: tour language is English every day. Guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available. Please contact us for pricing
Please note, border fees and visa fees are NOT included in the tour price and are paid directly at the border, in cash. Border fee is for departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups from Jordan, arrangement, and preparation of Jordan visa, assistance service from border representative on departure from Israel, assistance service from border representative on arrival in Jordan and assistance service from border representative on departure from Jordan
Israeli passport holders (or holders of dual passports with an Israeli passport) must use their Israeli passport at every border crossing
We are able to arrange visa for most nationalities (including USA, Canada, all European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, Brazil, Singapore, Japan, China, India). Certain nationalities are required to arrange a visa in advance. Please contact us in case of questions
Please note that during Ramadan the tour itinerary will change due to earlier closure of the border
Related Tours and Experiences
Christmas in Bethlehem and Jerusalem 2 Day TourIsrael | 2 days tour From $330 Per Person
Christmas Day Tour In and Around JerusalemIsrael | 9 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Christmas Eve in Bethlehem (and Jerusalem) Tour – Midnight MassIsrael | 14 hour tour From $129 Per Person
Hanukkah in Jerusalem Evening TourIsrael | 2 hour tour From $49 Per Person
Jaffa and Neve Tzedek Walking Tour – Half DayIsrael | 2 hour tour From $38 Per Group
Old Jaffa Night TourIsrael | 3 hour tour From $379 Per Group
Tel Aviv Pub Crawl Nightlife TourIsrael | 3 hour tour From $25 Per Person
Caesarea, Wine Country, and Kibbutz Experience Private TourIsrael | 10 hour tour From $999 Per Group
Caesarea, Akko and Haifa TourIsrael | 12 hours From $99 Per Person
Flavors of the Galilee Private TourIsrael | 12 hour tour From $1,059 Per Group