Peñas Blancas River Safari and La Fortuna Waterfall Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Highlights
1Combine 2 fantastic activities into 1 adventurous day
2Explore the flora and fauna with Ultra-HD viewing equipment
3Dive into natural wonders with an expert local guide
4Taste traditional Costa Rican food with lunch at a family ranch
Why we chose this tourOur Peñas Blancas River Safari and La Fortuna Waterfall Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal, limited to a small group size of only 8 travelers, gives you a day of tranquility immersed in the natural splendor of Costa Rica-s world-renowned biodiversity, all with the help of a certified local expert to dive deeper into the natural history of the area. You'll see unique animals, swim in crystal-clear waters beneath a cascading waterfall, and enjoy treats like sweet plantains, local coffee, and traditional fare at an organic family-owned farm on the banks of the river. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Peñas Blancas River Safari and La Fortuna Waterfall Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Itinerary
7:00-7:30 - Pickup from La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in La Fortuna & Arenal.
8:10 - Guided Safari Float at Peñas Blancas River
- Leave the hotel behind and make your way to the banks of the Peñas Blancas River for a floating safari through this serene stretch of rainforest for an unforgettable day of tranquility and discovery!
- Once you've arrived, you'll go through a safety briefing and receive your instructions for the journey and all the equipment you'll need for this adventure.
- Keep an eye out for the caimans, iguanas, parrots, crocodiles, toucans, sloths, and more that live in the area as you paddle through the crystalline waters.
11:30 - Guided La Fortuna Waterfall Hike
- After your rafting adventure, make your way to the La Fortuna Waterfall for an unforgettable experience.
- Finish lunch and say your goodbyes before driving to the famous La Fortuna Waterfall, a 240 foot cascade in a natural canyon in the center of the rainforest.
- Hike down the 500 steps that lead to the pool at the foot of the waterfall, stopping to enjoy panoramic views with your guide's ultra-HD equipment on your way down.
- At the bottom, take the chance to swim in these crystal clear waters and immerse yourself in the incredible natural beauty that surrounds you.
- Head back to the top of the trail to shower and clean up before you head to an organic family-owned farm nearby to enjoy a homemade traditional lunch and meet the Rodriguez family that runs it.
- Casado, the lunch you'll be eating, consists of rice, beans, salad, picadillo, a meat of your choice, and fried plantains to show you the versatility and flavors of this unique country.
- Finish lunch and say goodbye to the family before returning to your hotel and ending your day of exploration!
14:00 - Drop off at La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Peñas Blancas River Safari and La Fortuna Waterfall Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Peñas Blancas River Safari and La Fortuna Waterfall Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from La Fortuna & Arenal
Fully guided tour
Costa Rican typical lunch
Snacks & water
Beverages not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Tennis or hiking shoes
Fast drying clothes & some extra clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Bathing suit & towel
Waterfall Hike: 520 steps down (usually takes 20 minutes on the way down and 25 on the way up)
The tour is available for all ages, although we believe it is more enjoyable for kids 4 years old and over