Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Private 2 Day Experience from Athens Highlights
01Explore the traditional villages of Karytaina, Dimitsana, and Stemnitsa to discover Greece's culture
02Get an authentic look at Greece and paddle along one of the country's most beautiful rivers
03Uncover some of the country's dramatic and beautiful landscapes, from gorges to rivers
04See the Monastery of Prodromos that hangs from the cliffs in Lousios Gorge
Why we chose this tourOur Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Private 2 Day Experience from Athens gets you out of the urban sprawl of the city and into the peaceful countryside. Experience the natural splendor of this region from a new angle with the help of an expert guide, and see a more authentic side of Greece. This tour is available every day, with seasonal variations.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-craft each tour package which we offer
- Each tour and experience is led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Choose the hotels you stay at from our curated selection
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Private 2 Day Experience from Athens Itinerary
Day 1 - Stemnitsa and Rafting
- Your first day of adventure begins in Athens, and moves you to the banks of the Lousios River, where Zeus is rumored to have first bathed after his birth.
- Join an expert guide as you raft down the crystalline waters down the lush, green gorge that rises on either side of you.
- Continue on to the Alfior River, enjoying more beautiful scenery on your way to the Koukos Bridge that arches over the river, disembarking to trek to the rushing Vrondos Waterfall.
- You'll return to the pastoral village of Stemnitsa for an overnight in a traditional guesthouse (Lunch and dinner included).
Day 2 - Hiking in Lousios Gorge
- Welcome the day with a traditional homemade breakfast, tasting local flavors and delicacies before continuing onto your hike into an untouched part of the region.
- Walk alongside the Lousios River Gorge, visiting the ancient monasteries that hang from the cliffsides above the rushing river below.
- End the day at the archaeological site of Gortyna, where you'll step back into the past and learn about the ancient civilizations that lived here.
- Return to Athens (Breakfast and lunch included).
NB - all timings on Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Private 2 Day Experience from Athens are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Peloponnese Rafting & Hiking Private 2 Day Experience from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Athens
Accommodation in a local guesthouse with breakfast, sharing double rooms
Rafting in Lousios Gorge with lunch
Ηiking in Lousios Gorge with lunch
English speaking driver & guide
Car rental including tolls and fuel
Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 dinner & 2 lunches
Meals not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Second pair of shoes that will get wet
Hiking shoes. long hiking pants, second T-shirt, windproof jacket
Hat or beanie
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles.
Guesthouse: Mpelleiko Guesthouse, Theonimfi Guesthouse or similar
NB: All hotels and guesthouses are subject to availability and can change
Children from the following ages according to season and always subject to current weather conditions April – May: 12 years and above June – October: 7 years and above November – March: 16 years and above
Basic physical condition is required
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person