Panoramic Western Dolomites Private Tour Highlights
01Enjoy a breathtaking day of beautiful scenery around some of the most stunning valleys and passes in the Dolomites
02Travel a road of 27 dramatic hairpin bends en route to the Pordoi Pass
03Take the cable car up to Sass Pordoi for breathtaking views of the Dolomite Mountains
04Visit the famous Gardena Valley and stop for lunch in Ortisei
Why we chose this tourOur Panoramic Western Dolomites Private Tour is the most incredible way to see the Dolomites. You'll be picked up from Bolzano with your knowledgeable local guide who will take you on a magical tour around the most stunning scenery in Italy. Visit vast canyons formed by local rivers. Stop at the famous Carezza lake for a photo opportunity and a walk around the waters. Take a road with 27 switchbacks as you climb towards a peak of over 2000 meters. Enjoy a ride on a cable car as even more dramatic scenery lays beneath you. Drive down some of the most impressive passes in the region, from the Pordoi Pass to the Sella Pass with its vertical walls on either side. Finally, enjoy some time for lunch in the picturesque town of Ortisei, complete with a tour of the town, before heading back to Bolzano. Our Panoramic Western Dolomites Private Tour leaves with guaranteed departures.
Our Panoramic Western Dolomites Private Tour is surely one of the most scenery-rich, spectacular experiences you will ever encounter. The Dolomites is full of the most incredible scenery and you’ll get to see the best of it from your comfortable car, complete with your very own guide. We handpick our guides based on their local knowledge and enthusiasm so you can be rest assured you will be in the very best of hands as you drive around this UNESCO world heritage site. There is no better way to spend a day if you’re in the Dolomites.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Panoramic Western Dolomites Private Tour Itinerary
08:30 - Pickup from Bolzano
- You will be picked up from a centralized location in Bolzano
Guided Tour of The Western Dolomites
- Meet your private guide and head out into the western Dolomites in a comfortable vehicle.
- This is your chance to see what has been dubbed 'the most beautiful mountain range in Europe.' Start from Bolzano and head out towards the Ega valley where you will pass through an impressive canyon, carved by the river Ega.
- Stop at Carezza lake, one of the most stunning in all the Dolomites. Enjoy a small walk around the lake.
- Next is stopping at the Grand Hotel Carezza, the first luxury hotel in the Dolomites and an incredible sight in the middle of the mountains.
- Pass through the towns of Vigo di Fassa and Canazei before embarking on 27 switchbacks, leading to the famous Pordoi Pass at an altitude of an incredible 2239 meters!
- Add an optional cable car experience (open late May - mid-October and from Christmas to Easter).
- Head towards even more incredible scenery, as you hit the Sella pass with its vertical walls and the Marmolada glacier.
- Return to Bolzano via the Gardena valley, the most well-known valley in the Dolomites. Visit the town of Ortisei for an hour's lunch break and a tour of the town, before heading back to Bolzano.
14:30 - Drop off at Bolzano
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Panoramic Western Dolomites Private Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Panoramic Western Dolomites Private Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour
Lunch & drinks
Ticket to the cable car at Sass Pordoi (optional)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The cable car is open from mid May until the end of October and from Christmas to Easter
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class with a Local in VeniceItaly | 3 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Milan Countryside and Wine Tasting TourItaly | 6 hour tour From $279 Per Person
Polignano a Mare Stand Up Paddle ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Otranto Coast Boat TourItaly | 4 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Homemade Orecchiette Cooking Class in ConversanoItaly | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Mozzarella Tasting Tour in Martina Franca or ConversanoItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Martina Franca Wine Tasting ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Monopoli City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $57 Per Person
Polignano A Mare Sea Caves Boat TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Ostuni City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $50 Per Person