Ouarzazate & Zagora Desert 2 Day Private Tour from Marrakesh Highlights
01Drive the famous zig-zagging roads of the Tizi-n'Tichka pass and the Tizi-n'Tinififft pass
02Enjoy the calm oasis of a palm grove filled with birds and fruit trees
03Visit Ouarzazate, the sunset-colored town where many Hollywood movies have been filmed
04Visit Zagora, the gateway to the Sahara Desert
05Sleep in an Amazigh tent in the desert, or choose to stay in one of our quality handpicked riads
06Enjoy an evening in the desert, with a bonfire, musicians, and dinner under a canopy of stars
07Ride a camel through the foothills of the desert for an unforgettable experience
08An expert, local guide leads each experience
Why we chose this tourOur Ouarzazate & Zagora Desert 2 Day Private Tour from Marrakesh promises to be an unforgettable experience. On this two-day trip into the desert, you can explore remote towns, ride a camel through sand dunes, sleep in a Berber tent beneath the open sky, and enjoy a traditional meal and music under the stars. Experience a magical, customizable trip in your private group, alongside wonderful Moroccan guides who are committed to ensuring that you have an incredible time. The Ouarzazate & Zagora Desert 2 Day Private Tour from Marrakesh is available every day.
On our two-day private tour, your fully qualified and friendly driver will whisk you up hairpin roads, show you Berber settlements and palm groves before delivering you to the gateway of the Sahara Desert. Customize your trip by choosing to sleep in a Riad, handpicked for its quality. Or journey into the desert and sleep in a luxury tent amidst the sand dunes. Whichever you choose, enjoy a delicious traditional dinner and an evening of music and entertainment in a setting you will remember forever. Finally, return to Marrakech, having had a once-in-a-lifetime adventure.
This tour runs with an ethos of respect for the environment, people, and communities of Morocco. The guides are all local, and experts in their country. They are committed to offering visitors the best experience possible while being respectful of the land through which they travel. Talk to your guide about the details of your itinerary to make sure you are completely happy with your trip. This tour is for people wanting to experience something uniquely Morrocan and deeply memorable.
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Ouarzazate & Zagora Desert 2 Day Private Tour from Marrakesh Itinerary
Day 1 - Ouarzazate, Tamnougalt & Zagora
- You will be picked up from your hotel or Riad in Marrakech.
- Leave Marrakech towards the desert, making plenty of stops along the way.
- Drive the famous, French-engineered roads of the Tizi n’Ttichka pass. Then, zig-zag up through the High Atlas mountains to an altitude of 2260m.
- Visit Ouarzazate, famous for its orange-red buildings and kasbahs, including UNESCO world heritage site Ait Benhaddou, the location of many Hollywood (and Ouallywood) movies.
- Zig Zag your way along the Tizi-n-Tinififft pass at the height of 1,660m.
- See the town of Tamnougalt, known for its 16th-century mudbrick fortified village and date palm oasis.
- Arrive in Zagora, known as the gateway to the Sahara Desert. It was from this outpost, hundreds of years ago, that an expedition was launched to conquer Timbuktu. You can still view a sign near the town limits which says: “Timbouctou 52 Jours”, indicating that it will take 52 days by foot or camel to reach Timbuktu, Mali.
- Take a 45-minute camel trek out into the foothills of the Sahara desert. (For those who do want to experience the camel trek, it must be booked in advance.)
- Arrive at the traditional Amazigh camp, where you will spend an evening in the desert. Enjoy an authentic Moroccan meal, traditional music, and bonfire under a canopy of stars.
- Sleep in the desert in your luxury Berber tent or return to your Riad in Zagora. Whichever you choose, bask in the remoteness of the location. (Dinner included)
Day 2 - Agdz, Marrakesh
- After a good night’s sleep, enjoy a delicious Moroccan breakfast consisting of traditional Amazigh pancakes, bread, eggs, olive oil, jams, butter, and fresh fruit.
- Visit Agdz, a little jewel of a town located on the old caravan route that linked Marrakech with Timbuktu. It is not visited by many tourists but is known for its crafts, carvings, and basket weaving.
- Explore the beautiful Palmeraie just north of the town. This Palm Grove is filled with networks of irrigation channels and wells. It is an oasis of calm, filled with countless birds and trees growing fresh figs, pomegranates, and almonds.
- Return to Marrakech in the evening.
If you have any questions about our Ouarzazate & Zagora Desert 2 Day Private Tour from Marrakesh, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Middle Atlas Tour from FezMorocco | 7 hours tour From $56 Per Person
Insider Fez Private City TourMorocco | 6 hours tour From $159 Per Person
Chefchaouen Tour from FezMorocco | 12 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Essaouira Private Tour & Surf Experience from MarrakeshMorocco | 8 hours tour From $185 Per Person
Insider Chefchaouen Private City TourMorocco | 4 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Fez Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 12 hours tour From $99 Per Person
Rabat Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 9 hours tour From $85 Per Person
El Jadida Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 9 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Insider Casablanca Private City TourMorocco | 5 hours tour From $60 Per Person
Marrakech Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 12 hours tour From $85 Per Person