Old Shanghai Breakfast Tour Highlights
1Walk historic streets free of tourists to experience authentic Shanghai
2Taste dumplings, potstickers, savory pancakes, and sweet delicacies
3Stroll Shanghai's oldest residential areas to immerse yourself in the culture
4Visit modern and marvelous markets bursting with fresh produce
Why we chose this tourOur Old Shanghai Breakfast Tour starts your day the right way with savory pancakes prepared in front of you, fresh soy milk, and a plethora of sweet treats to get you ready to explore. You'll dive into old Shanghai's historical architecture as you feast your way across the city, and spend time in local markets to see how everyday citizens do their best shopping. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Old Shanghai Breakfast Tour Itinerary
9:00 - Meet your guide in Old Shanghai
- You will meet your guide at a centralized location in Old Shanghai
- Meeting Point - Tilanqiao Subway Station, Line 12, Exit 1, Street Level at 9:00 am
Old Shanghai Breakfast Guided tour
- See Shanghai early in the morning, before the crowds have filled the bustling streets and you're fighting off tourists to escape down winding alleys.
- Start with a stroll through one of Shanghai's oldest residential communities and marvel at the historical architecture that lines the streets as you learn about the city's history and culinary legacy from your expert guide.
- Stop along the way to visit a wet market teeming with live seafood and fresh produce before you head out to enjoy jianbing, savory Chinese crepes, and fried beef pancakes.
- Learn more about what's in season and how to pick the best ingredients as you sample flaky scallion pancakes made by masters, sweet sesame flatbread stuffed with red beans and black sesame to complement your fresh soy milk, and the iconic Shengjianbao.
- These half soft and half crispy potstickers are an iconic dish that you can't miss when in the city, and you'll taste some of the freshest food as its prepared in front of you.
- When your tour ends, you'll leave filled with new sights, sounds, and sumptuous flavors.
11:00 - Drop off in Old Shanghai
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Old Shanghai Breakfast Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Old Shanghai Breakfast Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour
Unlimited food & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
The tour requires a minimum of 2 people, in case that the minimum number will not be reached, you will be offered a different tour date.