Nemea Winery & Vineyard Private Tour from Athens Highlights
01Taste some unique wine varietals like Moschofilero and Xinomavro
02Enjoy a private lunch in a vineyard with local treats and luscious wines
03Tour the gorgeous vinicultural area of Agiorgitiko with an expert
04Soak in stunning mountain views as you enjoy lunch in the vineyard
Why we chose this tourOur Nemea Winery & VineyardPrivate Tour from Athens is a private tour that takes you to the pastoral vinicultural region of Nemea, located only 75 miles outside the city walls of Athens, for a relaxing day spent in sunny vineyards, tasting unique Greek wines and learning about how this single beverage became such an important export and local delicacy. Taste regional wines you can't try anywhere else, learn about traditional agricultural methods and production practices, and enjoy a tasting guided by a wine expert before savoring a local lunch in the heart of the vineyard itself. This tour is available every day.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Nemea Winery & Vineyard Private Tour from Athens Itinerary
8:30 - Pickup from Athens
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Athens.
Guided Winery & Vineyard Tour & Lunch
- Begin the day with a drive out to the Nemea region, famous for the endless vineyards that stretch across the landscape and produce some of the richest and most delicious Greek varietals.
- The majority of these wines come from the Agiorgitiko grape variety, a variety that is famous for its unique flavors, scents, and mouthfeel.
- Before you head out to explore the vineyards and cellars, it's important to know that you have the option to make this a premium tour, adding a new level of luxury to your day with only top-shelf versions of the wines you'll find.
- Once you're in the heart of Nemea's emerald green hills, tour a wine with a local oenologist, discovering how the regional differences in soil and altitude contribute to the opulent flavors.
- Taste some regional favorites like Agiorgitiko, Moschofilero, along with international hits like Syrah, Merlot, Chardonnay, and both Sauvignon Blanc and Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Along with the wine tasting, you'll also enjoy a full lunch with unparalleled views of the mountains beyond while sitting next to the vineyard or inside the winery itself.
- After lunch, it's time to head back to the city after a relaxing day in the countryside, and you'll be taken back to your hotel to rest and refresh.
18:30 - Drop off at Athens
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Nemea Winery & Vineyard Private Tour from Athens are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Nemea Winery & Vineyard Private Tour from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour with a professional wine guide
Wine tasting paired with local snacks
Unique tasting of the awarded balsamic vinegar, and petimezi (pure grape syrup) all made from Agiorgitiko grape
Local lunch at the winery
Optional: Premium Wine Tasting
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Comfortable clothes & shoes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The drinking age in Greece is 18 years old
The minimum age for the tour required is 4 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person