Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from Athens Highlights
01Taste unique local varietals alongside regional delicacies
02Discover the flavors of Agiorgitiko and Moschofilero
03Stroll the streets of Nafplio, the first capital of modern Greece
04Enjoy guided tours of picturesque vineyards and cellars
Why we chose this tourOur Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from Athens plunges you into the history of wine production, grape-growing, traditional agricultural methods, and the importance of wine in Greek history on this comprehensive tour led by a sommelier through one of the country's most famous wine production areas, the stunning hills of Nemea. Explore the vineyards and cellars, taste local wines and treats, wander the storied streets of picturesque Nafplio, and immerse yourself in a different side of Greece for a memorable day. This tour is available every day.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from Athens Itinerary
8:30 - Pickup from Athens
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Athens.
Guided Tour of Nafplio & Wine Tasting Experience in Nemea
- Discover the beauty, culture, history, and delicious wines that sit outside the walls of Athens with this comprehensive wine tour in Nemea, a region famous for its varietals and unique flavors.
- You have the option of upgrading the tour to a premium tasting, ensuring that only top-shelf bottles are opened for tastings, and for adding lunch at the vineyard, both for additional fees.
- Drive through the slopes and valleys of this lush area, making your way to 2 boutique wineries famous for their special regional blends to tour their vineyards and cellars.
- Learn more about the history of the unique local grapes and wines mainly from the Agiorgitiko, a dry red, and Moschofilero, an aromatic white, both Protected Designation of Origin wines (PDO).
- A number of international favorites also take root here, including Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot, and Syrah, and you'll hear all about how they've grown, harvested, and bottled from passionate producers.
- Let your sommelier guide walk you through a tasting of some of these indescribably luscious wines and local snacks before making your way to Nafplio, the original capital of the First Hellenic Republic and the Kingdom of Greece in the 1800s.
- Here you can enjoy the stunning architecture, welcoming atmosphere, beautiful seaside panoramas, and more as you stroll the cobblestone streets and explore Greece's fascinating history from another angle.
- Enjoy free time for lunch in this incomparable city, and then drive back to Athens as you hear more about viticulture in this captivating country, ending the tour with your drop-off.
18:30 - Drop off at Athens
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from Athens are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Nemea & Nafplio Wine and History Private Tour from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour with a professional wine guide
Wine tasting paired with local snacks
Optional: Premium Wine Tasting
Optional: Lunch in the winery
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
The drinking age in Greece is 18 years old
The minimum age for the tour is 4 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Mykonos Private Shore ExcursionGreece | 5 hour tour From $550 Per Group
Mykonos Small Group TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Mykonos Private Jeep TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $499 Per Group
Mykonos Private Guided TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $530 Per Group
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $719 Per Group
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hour tour From $689 Per Group
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4.5 hour tour From $199 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hour tour From $179 Per Person