Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour Highlights
01Tour a historic kibbutz in the heart of the Negev Desert
02Hear stories from local Bedouins while you enjoy a traditional lunch
03Head into the past with a stop at Ein Avdat's ancient ruins
04Enjoy panoramic views of the unique Maktesh Ramon from its cliffs
Why we chose this tourOur Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour transports you far from the busy cities of Israel to the heart of one of its most breathtakingly barren deserts for a day of fascinating stops and incomparable landscapes. Ride a camel with the help of a Bedouin guide after a traditional lunch at their campsite, dive into modern Israeli history with a visit to a pioneering kibbutz, marvel at ancient Nabatean ruins, and enjoy the natural splendor of a unique crater formation. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour Itinerary
08:00 - Pick up from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
- You will be picked up from your hotel.
10:30-Tour in Sde Boker and Avdat
- After pickup from your hotel in the city, it's time to reconnect with nature and drive out to the heart of the Negev Desert to explore everything from historic kibbutz communities to starkly beautiful landscapes.
- Drive through these storied sands, making your way to Sde Boker, a long-running kibbutz famous for its wines and agricultural produce, and the final home of Israel's first prime minister, David Ben Gurion.
- Tour his home and learn more about how a collection of ragged tents became one of the country's most popular and successful kibbutz communities in this inhospitable environment.
- Continue to the ruins of Avdat, a Nabatean city that was built by the same people who created Petra and Madain Saleh, an important trade city named for a king that was deified and buried here.
- Admire the country's natural beauty with a visit to Mitzpe Ramon, a unique geological formation known as a makhtesh crater, a steeply-sided formation drained by only one wadi, and only found in Israel and Egypt.
- Learn more about the astronaut Ilan Ramon, and why the museum and memorial center is dedicated to his memory and the natural history of the area.
- Your next stop is a traditional Bedouin campsite in the center of the expansive desert where you'll get to eat a full lunch and spend some time learning about this nomadic community.
- You can add an optional camel ride for some selfies and a more full experience before returning back to your hotel.
19:00-20:00 - Drop off at Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Hand-picked expert tour guide
Bedouin hospitality including Camel ride and lunch
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Related Tours and Experiences
Best of Israel, Jordan and Egypt 12 Day Tour PackageIsrael | 12 days package From $1,905 Per Group
13 Day Highlights of Israel, Saudi Arabia & Jordan Package TourIsrael | 13 days package From $2,490 Per Group
4 Day Saudi Arabia & Madain Saleh Tour from Tel Aviv & JerusalemIsrael | 3 days package From $895 Per Group
4 Day Saudi Arabia & Madain Saleh Tour from EilatIsrael | 3 days package From $795 Per Group
13 Day Israel, Jordan, Dubai and Abu Dhabi Package TourIsrael | 13 days package From $1,995 Per Group
11 Day Israel, Dubai and Abu Dhabi Package TourIsrael | 11 days tour From $1,215 Per Group
2 Day Wadi Rum Hiking Tour from IsraelIsrael | 2 days From $379 Per Group
Haifa, Akko, Caesarea, and Rosh Hanikra Grotto TourIsrael | 12 hours From $110 Per Group
Classic 5 Day Israel PackageIsrael | 5 days From $675 Per Group
Classic 8 Day Israel PackageIsrael | 8 days From $915 Per Group