Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour Highlights
1Tour a historic kibbutz in the heart of the Negev Desert
2Hear stories from local Bedouins while you enjoy a traditional lunch
3Head into the past with a stop at Ein Avdat's ancient ruins
4Enjoy panoramic views of the unique Maktesh Ramon from its cliffs
Why we chose this tourOur Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour transports you far from the busy cities of Israel to the heart of one of its most breathtakingly barren deserts for a day of fascinating stops and incomparable landscapes. Ride a camel with the help of a Bedouin guide after a traditional lunch at their campsite, dive into modern Israeli history with a visit to a pioneering kibbutz, marvel at ancient Nabatean ruins, and enjoy the natural splendor of a unique crater formation. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour Itinerary
08:00 - Pick up from Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
- You will be picked up from your hotel.
10:30-Tour in Sde Boker and Avdat
- After pickup from your hotel in the city, it's time to reconnect with nature and drive out to the heart of the Negev Desert to explore everything from historic kibbutz communities to starkly beautiful landscapes.
- Drive through these storied sands, making your way to Sde Boker, a long-running kibbutz famous for its wines and agricultural produce, and the final home of Israel's first prime minister, David Ben Gurion.
- Tour his home and learn more about how a collection of ragged tents became one of the country's most popular and successful kibbutz communities in this inhospitable environment.
- Continue to the ruins of Avdat, a Nabatean city that was built by the same people who created Petra and Madain Saleh, an important trade city named for a king that was deified and buried here.
- Admire the country's natural beauty with a visit to Mitzpe Ramon, a unique geological formation known as a makhtesh crater, a steeply-sided formation drained by only one wadi, and only found in Israel and Egypt.
- Learn more about the astronaut Ilan Ramon, and why the museum and memorial center is dedicated to his memory and the natural history of the area.
- Your next stop is a traditional Bedouin campsite in the center of the expansive desert where you'll get to eat a full lunch and spend some time learning about this nomadic community.
- You can add an optional camel ride for some selfies and a more full experience before returning back to your hotel.
19:00-20:00 - Drop off at Tel Aviv or Jerusalem
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from your hotel
Hand-picked expert tour guide
Bedouin hospitality including Camel ride and lunch
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen