Nafplio & Epidaurus Tour from Athens Highlights
1Snap photos from the gorgeous Isthmus of Corinth
2Enjoy the atmosphere of Nafplio's beautiful coast
3Tour the ancient theater of Epidaurus and its famous acoustics
4Learn about the ancient healing center of Asclepeion
Why we chose this tourOur Nafplio & Epidaurus Tour from Athens takes you away from the city and into the picturesque past with a journey through the breathtaking port city of Nafplio and the renowned ancient city of Epidaurus. You'll discover ancient theaters, the roots of modern Western medicine, atmospheric local neighborhoods, and historic architecture from a number of cultures. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Nafplio & Epidaurus Tour from Athens Itinerary
8:30 - Pickup from Athens
- You will meet your guide at a centralized location. Please be there 10 minutes before departure.
Tour of Nafplio & Epidaurus
- Leave Athens behind with a drive to stunning Nafplio with a winding scenic route, stopping at the key strategic military point of the Isthmus of Corinth along the way.
- Enjoy a cup of traditional Greek coffee as you marvel at the panoramic expanses spread out before you, and continue on your way to the hidden gems of Nafplio
- Climb the 999 steps to the top of the famous Castle of Palamidi and gaze in wonder at the sparkling and endless beauty of the Argolic Gulf.
- Wander the cobblestone streets of Greece's first capital city and pass the Venetian, Byzantine, Ottoman, and modern Greek buildings that combine beautifully to tell the story of this modern metropolis.
- Explore the oldest district in the city and soak up the atmosphere of this locals-only area before adding an optional visit to the Komboloi Museum, a curated collection of worry beads from across the world, or a visit to the Tsipuro, Ouzo, or Mastiha Distilleries, famous for their Ouzo worldwide.
- You can also add a boat ride across the gulf, starting at the small island of the Castle of Bourtzi.
- Choose which traditional taverna you want to enjoy lunch in, and refresh yourself with some delicious regional dishes before continuing on to Epidaurus.
- This city is most famous as a seat for ancient theater productions, especially dramatic ones, and its ancient theater is still considered to have some of the best acoustics in the world.
- Epidaurus was also a healing center of Asclepeion, widely considered the origin of Western medical science.
- Learn about how ancient actors and tragedians used their skills onstage to drive the audience to catharsis, the purification and purging of emotions.
- After your visit to this stunning theater, hop back on the bus and return to Athens for some rest and refreshment.
18:30 - Drop off at Athens
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Nafplio & Epidaurus Tour from Athens are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Nafplio & Epidaurus Tour from Athens, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Athens
Free Wi-fi on the vehicle
Τour-escort by an archaeologist
Walking Tour in Nafplio
Historical information and storytelling during the trip
Basic travel insurance (during transportation)
Lunch & drinks
Guided tour inside the sites
Entrance fee to Epidaurus 12€/person (APR-OCT) & 6€/person (NOV-MAR)
Entrance fee to Palamidi Castle 8€/person (APR-OCT) & 4€/person (NOV-MAR)
Boat-ride to Bourtzi Castle 4.50€/person (optional)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen