Mysterious Temples of Talakadu & Somnathpur Private Tour from Bangalore Highlights
01Visit the ancient city at Talakad, a cursed town buried for ages under sand dunes, and explore the 5 spectacular temples that were unearthed
02See a 13th century temple at Chennakesava carved from soapstone and mounted on a star-shaped pedestal
03Learn the mystery of the exquisite dancer sculptures that had their noses mysteriously cut off
04Watch the colors of a Lingam in a Shiva temple change throughout the day as the sun makes its way across the sky
Why we chose this tourOur Mysterious Temples of Talakadu & Somnathpur from Bangalore tour is an intimate and comprehensive experience that gives you a glimpse of some of the region's most intricate and ancient temples that lay undiscovered for centuries. Learn the untold stories and hidden secrets of a cursed town and historic holy sites. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Mysterious Temples of Talakadu & Somnathpur Private Tour from Bangalore Itinerary
7:30 AM Pickup from Bangalore
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Bangalore
Guided Tour of Mysterious Temples of Talakadu & Somnathpur
- Start with a journey towards Talakad, a town that used to be a flourishing hub and home to over 30 temples that was buried by sand after an ancient Queen's curse, and now excavated to showcase some of the stunning temples that are scattered across this site.
- Visit the Vaidyanatheswara temple, a magnificent granite structure built in the 14th century by Chola Kings to honor Lord Shiva, and the Pataleshwara Shiva Temple, where the all-important Lingam is said to change colors from red to black to white as the sun moves across the sky.
- Uncover the Keertinarayana Temple, built from black granite and bricks and home to a 2 meter tall deity statue, which commemorates an ancient wary victory and is a beautiful example of the eclectic Hoysala architectural style.
- Stop at Somnathpur, home to the extravagant Chennakesava Temple, built in 1268 and famous for its 3 shrines and the 16 different decorated ceiling that each depict a different stage as an incredible banana flower blooms, as well as fantastical deities draped in jewelry to end your day with with a little bit of opulence.
Drop off in Bangalore
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Mysterious Temples of Talakadu & Somnathpur Private Tour from Bangalore are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Mysterious Temples of Talakadu & Somnathpur Private Tour from Bangalore, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Bangalore
Fully guided tour
Indian vegetarian lunch
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Related Tours and Experiences
Old Delhi Night Food WalkIndia | 5 hour tour From $79 Per Person
Breakfast Trail in Old DelhiIndia | 5 hour tour From $69 Per Person
3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from KochiIndia | 3 days package From $399 Per Person
Sultans Legacy & Wildlife of Bidar 2 Day Private Tour from HyderabadIndia | 2 days package From $335 Per Person
2 Day Yoga and Spirituality Private Tour in Rishikesh from New DelhiIndia | 2 days package From $375 Per Person
Taj Mahal & Wonders of Agra Tour from New DelhiIndia | 12 hour tour From $190 Per Person
Insider Hyderabad Private City TourIndia | 8 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Cooking Experience in KochiIndia | 4 hour tour From $120 Per Person
Ajanta, Ellora & Lonar Meteor Mystery 6 Day Private Tour from MumbaiIndia | 6 days package From $1,179 Per Person
Ancient Buddhist University of Kanheri Private Tour from MumbaiIndia | 8 hour tour From $129 Per Person