Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine Tour Highlights
01Tour St. Catherine’s Monastery, including the skull room and olive grove
02Visit the site of the Burning Bush and Well of Jethro’s Daughters
03Enjoy an authentic meal in a Bedouin village
04Snorkel and swim at a Red Sea resort in Nuweiba
Why we chose this tourMount Sinai and Saint Catherine hold powerful significance for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam alike. You'll come to understand why as you explore a beautiful area that is off the beaten path. Although most tourists don’t make it to these sites, those who do are rewarded with an incredible and moving experience.
Our Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine Tour will take you to two of the most significant sites in the Middle East, places that both pilgrims and travelers have been venturing to for centuries. You will depart from the Egyptian border in the wee hours of the morning, traveling through Egypt’s majestic Sinai desert toward Saint Catherine, which lies at the foot of Mount Sinai.
Mount Sinai is where Moses is believed to have received the Ten Commandments in biblical times, and Saint Catherine is one of the oldest active Christian monasteries in the world. You will tour the monastery, seeing the infamous skull room and olive grove. Here you can also visit the location of the famous burning bush, where God spoke to Moses in the Bible, as well as the Well of Jethro’s Daughters. After visiting Saint Catherine, you’ll enjoy lunch in an authentic Bedouin village. Time permitting, you’ll stop at the Red Sea resort town of Nuweiba on your way back for some swimming or snorkeling in the crystal clear waters.
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine Tour Itinerary
Pickup from Taba (6:30), Sharm El Sheikh (6:30), Nuweiba (7:00), Dahab (7:30),
- Those coming from Israel must arrive at the Taba Border and cross on your own to meet your driver on the Egyptian side. Those staying in Taba will also meet the driver at the border. Those departing from the other locations in Egypt may be picked up from their hotels.
Tour Saint Catherine's Monastery (approx 3.5 hours)
- See the Monastery, including the olive grove and skull room.
Lunch (approx 1 hour)
- Enjoy an authentic Egyptian meal at a local village.
Swim and snorkel at the Red Sea (approx 1 hour)
- Stop by a beach resort to refresh yourself in the crystal clear waters.
Return to Taba (19:00)
- Arrive in Taba around 19:00, stopping at the other pickup locations along the way.
If you have any questions about our Mount Sinai and Saint Catherine Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Best of Ancient Cairo TourEgypt | 1 day tour From $125 Per Person
Mount Sinai Sunrise TourEgypt | 17 hours From $199 Per Person
Best of Cairo 2 Day Tour from SinaiEgypt | 2 days tour From $599 Per Person
Best of Cairo Tour from SinaiEgypt | 1 day From $409 Per Person
Best of Cairo 2 Day TourEgypt | 2 days From $259 Per Person
2 Day Mount Sinai & White Canyon TourEgypt | 2 days From $399 Per Person
Sinai Desert Stargazing & Camel Ride TourEgypt | 1 day From $149 Per Person
2 Day Sinai Camel Tour & Desert Camping ExperienceEgypt | 2 days From $399 Per Person
Sinai Desert Jeep & Hiking TourEgypt | 1 day From $229 Per Person
Best of Cairo 3 Day TourEgypt | 3 days From $349 Per Person