Mount Olympus Hiking Tour from Elassona Highlights
1Hike to the top of Mytikas, the highest peak in all of Greece
2Wind through the magical alpine forests around Mount Olympus
3Learn about the mythology and deities from this wilderness
4Trek across a number of peaks and admire panoramic views from their peaks
Why we chose this tourOur Mount Olympus Hiking Tour from Elassona leaves modern life behind with a trip deep into the heart of the Greek wilderness to discover the serene trails that wind through the 52 peaks of this storied region, diving deep into the mythology and legends that surround the area. Trek to the summit of Greek's highest peak, meet some of the local wildlife, and enjoy the quiet and gorgeous landscapes that will transport you to a new place. This tour is available on selected Sundays and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Mount Olympus Hiking Tour from Elassona Itinerary
7:00 - Pickup from Elassona
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Elassona Village.
Guided Hiking Tour of Mt. Olympus
- Meet your guide in the center of Elassona, hopping into a 4x4 vehicle to make your way to the mountain hut at Christakis, the highest in all of Greece, and offering incredible panoramic views of the landscape below.
- You'll see incredible gorges, dense forests, 52 snow-capped peaks, tucked-away caves, and rushing waterfalls across the slopes of these breathtaking mountains.
- According to ancient mythology, this is where the gods and goddesses made their homes, taking advantage of the wonder of the area.
- On your way to the hut, you'll leave modern civilization behind and head out on a dirt road to an altitude of almost 8,000 feet, and leave the vehicles behind to admire the splendor around you.
- Hike your way along the E4 European Trail, reveling in the peaceful beauty of the alpine wilderness, and keep your eye out for the wild goats, Rupicapra balcanica, that live in these woods.
- Learn more about the myths and legends behind these storied peaks from your expert guide, diving into the mythology and 12 gods and lesser spirits that have lived in the area for time immemorial.
- Hike to the top of Skolio, stopping at the immense peak of Mount Olympus' third highest summit, and then make your way to Skala to start the most challenging part of your hike.
- Continue your way up to Kakoskala, heading for its highest point, and then end the upward portion at Mytikas, the highest peak in the range and in the entire country!
- Rest and soak up the views before you begin your descent and return to Elassona for the end of your hike.
18:00 - Drop off at Elassona
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Mount Olympus Hiking Tour from Elassona are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Mount Olympus Hiking Tour from Elassona, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided tour
Local transfer with Jeeps
Light snack (juice, power bar)
Safety equipment (harness, helmet, rope)
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Climbing shoes (recommended) or running shoes
Small backpack with your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and action plan, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles. C
Comfortable clothes (preferably quick-drying material: cotton or poly cotton and not denim). A long sleeved T-shirt and a second T-shirt
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Hat or beanie
The minimum age required is 13 years old
Difficulty level: 3
The tour requires a good physical condition & no fear of heights