Mount Olympus & Dion Tour from Thessaloniki Highlights
1Explore the past in the famous Museum of Dion
2Stroll the quaint streets in Litochoro, a traditional town
3Wander the open-air archaeological site of Dion
4Trek the gorgeous Enipeas Gorge and Mount Olympus
Why we chose this tourOur Mount Olympus & Dion Tour from Thessaloniki puts you in the hands of an archaeological guide to tour the ruins and remnants of ancient Greece from forums and theaters to the very seat of the Greek gods, the breathtaking Mount Olympus. Taste local delicacies and walk the same paths that have existed for many years, and admire the stunning beauty of both the manmade and natural wonders that make up this region. This tour is available every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Mount Olympus & Dion Tour from Thessaloniki Itinerary
8:00 -8:30- Pickup from Thessaloniki
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Thessaloniki. Please be at the pick up point 10 minutes before departure.
Guided Tour of Dion, Mount Olympus & Litochoro Village
- Begin your tour with your expert tour leader, an archaeologist and lover of history, as you make your way to the ancient city of Dion, famous for its archaeological sites, natural beauty, and proximity to Mount Olympus.
- Explore the excavation site itself, passing statues, marvelous mosaics, and amazing artifacts that all stand in their original sites.
- Walk the same paths as the ancient Greeks, learning more about their every day life, and take some time to visit the theater that's still so well-preserved that the acoustics are nearly perfect and the theater is still used by modern actors and festivals.
- Stop at the museum that exhibits a number of statues and relics from the ancient city, including the Hydravlis, a wind instrument, and a mosaic that details the Villa of Dionysus in vibrant images.
- Now it's time to explore the slopes and gorges that surround the imposing Mount Olympus, seat of the Greek deities for centuries.
- Trek through the gorge of the Enipeas River along a magical path that winds through verdant riverbanks across wooden bridges over the sparkling waters, and seated just above the charming village of Litochoro.
- Mount Olympus was chosen as a divine area for the 12 Olympian Gods that are rumored to have built their palaces in the nearby canyons and hills.
- End the day in Litochoro itself, dining at a local restaurant to refresh yourself at the foot of this iconic mountain before returning to Thessaloniki.
16:30 - Drop off at Thessaloniki
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Mount Olympus & Dion Tour from Thessaloniki are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Mount Olympus & Dion Tour from Thessaloniki, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Thessaloniki
Short walking-tour in Litochoro village
Walking-tour and trekking in Enipeas gorge in Olympus
Historical information and storytelling during the trip
Travel insurance (during transportation)
Lunch & drinks
Entrance fees: 8€/person to Dion (4€/person from 01/11 to 31/03 each year)
Tour-guide to the museum and the archaeological site of Dion
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen