Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Tapas & Wine Highlights
1Explore a mountain monastery with an expert local guide
2Take an intimate tour with 16 travelers through Montserrat
3Visit family-owned wineries to taste tapas, varietal wines, and desserts
4Discover the inner workings of 3 organic and traditional wineries
Why we chose this tourOur Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Tapas & Wine, limited to an intimate 16 people, takes you through the stunning countryside of Montserrat to dive into the culture and history of Catalan. Taste regional tapas and wine from a family-run vineyard after a comprehensive tour and free time at the monastery. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Tapas & Wine Itinerary
8:30/9:15 am - Pickup from Barcelona
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Barcelona at the time of your choosing, either 8:30 am or 9:15 am.
Guided Tour of Montserrat, Tapas & Wine Tasting Experience
- Begin your half-day tour at the hour you chose, leaving the bustle of Barcelona behind you as you make your way for the gentle slopes of Montserrat, starting your dive into this countryside and culture with a stop at the cliffside Santa Maria de Montserrat, a Benedictine monastery.
- Stroll the site with your expert guide, discovering the story of the black Virgin that sits in the basilica and the fascinating history and secrets of this stunning place of worship.
- After a guided tour, you'll be given free time to hike the nearby hills, enjoy panoramic views from atop the mountain, visit a nearby farmer's market to marvel at the fresh produce or continue your explorations of the monastery itself.
- Continue to a boutique winery that we've hand-picked to be the best example of small-batch and locally produced wines from a family-owned estate.
- Wander the winding vineyards, walk through the vast storage cellar, and immerse yourself in the history of the family and the vineyards that they've been running for generations.
- Following the full tour, you'll sit down for a curated selection of Catalan tapas and their finest vintages as the guide walks you through the flavor profiles of the different wines.
- Finish the day off with a scenic ride back to Barcelona, appreciating the beauty of central Spain in a completely new way, and giving you enough time to continue touring Barcelona once you've arrived back in the city.
5:00/5:30 pm - Drop off at Barcelona
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Tapas & Wine are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Tapas & Wine, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Barcelona in a shared transportation (with other groups) in an air-conditioned bus
Local English speaking-guide
Guided visit to Montserrat monastic complex (1 hour)
Free time at Montserrat (around 45 mins)
Guided visit to boutique wine cellar & 3 wine tastings. Spanish tapas selection accompanying the tasting. Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available)
Health insurance for every passenger
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Montserrat Funiculars, Cog Train or Museum tickets
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in the city. Please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
Please inform us if you have any food restrictions
Children under 3 years can join for free but no car seats or meals will be provided
The tour is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible