Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine Highlights
01Enjoy an intimate tour with a maximum of 16 travelers
02Savor wine and tapas tastings at 3 organic wineries
03Explore the marvelous Montserrat monastery on a mountain
04Ride on a classic cogwheel train through the foothills
Why we chose this tourOur Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine is limited to an intimate 16 people and gives you the chance to explore the heart of Spain and some of its most beautiful wine countries with the help of an experienced local guide. Ride a charming train up to the Montserrat Monastery and then choose how to spend free time at the top before continuing to a local vineyard for a luscious wine and tasty tapas menu. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
*Due to Covid-19 the available days may change.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine Itinerary
9:45 - Pickup from Barcelona
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Barcelona.
Guided Tour of Montserrat including Cogwheel Train Ride, Tapas & Wine Tasting Experience
- Start your half-day tour with a ride along Montserrat's most scenic rail track, gliding along the foothills of this stunning area as you learn about the rich cultural and historical tapestry of your surroundings.
- Take a ride on the cogwheel up to the Santa Maria de Montserrat Monastery, taking a guided tour of the entire complex with your guide before taking free time to hike part of the One Hundred Peaks, visit the extensive art museum. listen to a performance by the l'Escolania boy's choir, or marvel at the exquisite basilica and its dark skinned Virgin Mary that's reputed to heal hundreds each year.
- Head down the mountain into the heart of Spain to explore a traditionally run and family-owned winery.
- Tour the winding vineyards and rich fields before heading into the wine cellar to dive into the history of the family, the grapes grown here, and the region's importance in small-scale wine production.
- You'll taste a few of the wines with the help of experts and enjoy local delicacies in a tapas tasting course.
- Once you've had your fill, you'll be taken back to Barcelona for an evening of more fine wine and dining on your own.
Optional Add-onsNote: Please let us know in advance if you would like to see a performance of the boy's choir.
17:00 - 17:30 - Drop off at Barcelona
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Barcelona in a shared transportation (with other groups) in an air-conditioned bus
Local English speaking guide
Guided visit to Montserrat monastic complex (1 hour)
Free time at Montserrat (around 1 hour)
Cogwheel train ticket
Guided visit to boutique wine cellar and 3 wine tasting
Spanish tapas selection accompanying tasting - Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available)
Health insurance for every passenger
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Montserrat Funiculars or Museum tickets
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in the city. Please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly
Please inform us if you have any food restrictions
Children under 3 years will join the tour free of charge, but please note that no car seat or meals are provided
The tour is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible
Related Tours and Experiences
Gastronomy & Culture Private Tour in MadridSpain | 6 hour tour From $599 Per Group
Madrid Private Market TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $469 Per Group
Prado Museum Private Tour in MadridSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Person
Madrid Off-the-Beaten Path & History Museum Private TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Royal Palace Private TourSpain | 3 hour tour From $289 Per Group
Private Madrid Insider TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
Madrid Private Night Walking TourSpain | 4 hour tour From $309 Per Group
La Rioja Winery Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $185 Per Person
French Basque Countryside and Sare Caves Tour from San SebastianSpain | 8 hour tour From $179 Per Person
Gernika, Mundaka, Urdaibai and Bermeo Tour from San SebastianSpain | 9 hour tour From $149 Per Person