Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine Highlights
1Enjoy an intimate tour with a maximum of 16 travelers
2Savor wine and tapas tastings at 3 organic wineries
3Explore the marvelous Montserrat monastery on a mountain
4Ride on a classic cogwheel train through the foothills
Why we chose this tourOur Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine is limited to an intimate 16 people, and gives you the chance to explore the heart of Spain and some of its most beautiful wine country with the help of an experienced local guide. Ride a charming train up to the Montserrat Monastery and then choose how to spend free time at the top before continuing to a local vineyard for a luscious wine and tasty tapas menu. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine Itinerary
9:45 - Pickup from Barcelona
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Barcelona.
Guided Tour of Montserrat including Cogwheel Train Ride, Tapas & Wine Tasting Experience
- Start your half-day tour with a ride along Montserrat's most scenic rail track, gliding along the foothills of this stunning area as you learn about the rich cultural and historical tapestry of your surroundings.
- Take a ride on the cogwheel up to the Santa Maria de Montserrat Monastery, taking a guided tour of the entire complex with your guide before taking free time to hike part of the One Hundred Peaks, visit the extensive art museum. listen to a performance by the l'Escolania boy's choir, or marvel at the exquisite basilica and its dark skinned Virgin Mary that's reputed to heal hundreds each year.
- Head down the mountain into the heart of Spain to explore a traditionally run and family-owned winery.
- Tour the winding vineyards and rich fields before heading into the wine cellar to dive into the history of the family, the grapes grown here, and the region's importance in small-scale wine production.
- You'll taste a few of the wines with the help of experts and enjoy local delicacies in a tapas tasting course.
- Once you've had your fill, you'll be taken back to Barcelona for an evening of more fine wine and dining on your own.
Optional Add-onsNote: Please let us know in advance if you would like to see a performance of the boy's choir.
17:00 -17:30 - Drop off at Barcelona
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Tapas, and Wine, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help