Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Food, and Wine Highlights
1Take an intimate 16 person tour of the heart of Spain
2Admire the stunning surroundings in Montserrat's National Park
3See La Moreneta, Montserrat's iconic black Madonna
4Discover where Catalan nature, history, culture, and religion collide
Why we chose this tourOur Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Food, and Wine, with only 16 available slots for an intimate experience, plunges you into Catalan culture, history, and natural beauty with a comprehensive tour around the heart of Spain. You'll visit the famous monastery and its healing black Madonna, enjoy a seasonal lunch from local ingredients at a boutique winery, and ride a traditional cogwheel train. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Food, and Wine Itinerary
9:45 - Pickup from Barcelona
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Barcelona.
Guided Tour of Montserrat including Cogwheel Train Ride, Lunch & Wine Tasting Experience
- Begin your later-start morning tour of Montserrat with a breathtaking drive from Barcelona into the heart of Spain's undulating countryside, making your way to the foothills of Montserrat's cliffside monastery.
- Once there, hop on to a classic cogwheel train for a cinematic ride to the top of the mountain itself, snapping stunning pictures along the way, and disembark for a fully guided tour of the complex itself.
- Discover its stories and secrets as you stroll the stunning site, learning about everything from the breathtaking basilica and its miraculous black Madonna to the history of how it came to be.
- Spend an hour on your own hiking one of the many nearby trails, visit a local farmer's market, explore the plaza, or simply soak up the atmosphere.
- Afterwards, you'll be driven to a boutique winery nearby for a seasonal lunch from fresh produce and a tasting of 3 locally produced wines.
- The winery itself is not only historical due to its traditional production methods, but also because it has been family-owned for generations.
- You'll learn how the grapes go from shoots in the ground to hearty bottled blends with a guided tour of the expansive vineyards and cellars before your tasting.
- Then, return back to Barcelona for wherever your journey takes you!
19:00 - Drop off at Barcelona
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Food, and Wine are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Montserrat Tour from Barcelona with Cogwheel Train, Food, and Wine, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Barcelona in a shared transportation (with other groups) in an air-conditioned bus
Local English speaking-guide
Cogwheel train ticket
Guided visit to Montserrat monastic complex (1 hour)
Free time at Montserrat (around 1 hour)
Multi-course local meal with wine
Guided visit to boutique wine cellar and 3 wine tastings. Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available
Health insurance for every passenger
Hotel pick-up and drop off
Montserrat Funiculars or Museum tickets
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Temperatures in Montserrat and the winery tend to be more extreme than in the city. Please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
Please inform us if you have any food restrictions
Children under 3 years will join the tour free of charge, but please note that no car seat or meals are provided.
The tour is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible