Montenegro Tour By Train from Podgorica Highlights
01Take a scenic journey on the historic Belgrade-Bar railway line, considered one of Europe's most beautiful rail routes
02Ride through the breathtaking Platije Canyon with stunning mountain and river views
03Savor an immersive tour of a rare European rainforest with a beautiful lake in its heart
04Visit one of Montenegro's most monumental medieval monasteries nestled in the mountains
Why we chose this tourMontenegro Tour By Train from Podgorica will immerse you in some of the most breathtaking natural features in Europe. This day trip takes advantage of the historic Belgrade–Bar railway to show you the best of Montenegro’s natural beauty - Platije canyon, Morača River, and one of the last three virgin rainforests in Europe, Biogradska Gora, which contains a rich array of flora and fauna and a beautiful lake. Taking in the natural scenery will be interspersed with visits to Morača Monastery, and free time to roam around Kolašin and sample traditionally prepared Montenegrin specialties. This private tour is perfect for those who want to spend a day getting lost in Montenegro’s stunning mountain scenery and can be booked for any day of the week.
The tour will kick off at the train station in Podgorica, where guests will depart on a train ride that snakes through the peaks and cliffs of the Platije canyon. This scenic journey will take you past mountain peaks and the Morača river, crossing one of Europe’s highest bridges, the Mala Rijeka. The historic Belgrade-Bar railway line is famous for Yugoslav president Josip Broz Tito hosting train meetings with world leaders including Nehru, Nasser, Arafat, Breschnew, and Mitterrand.
After climbing to the railway’s highest point at the holiday town of Kolašin – 954 m above sea level – guests will get to stretch their legs before taking a sightseeing tour around the Biogradska Gora National Park- home to one of the last virgin rainforests in Europe, with a stunning natural lake in its heart. After some free time to wander around Kolašin and sample some of the local fares, the tour moves on to its last point- Morača monastery, a medieval Orthodox monastery built in 1252. Nestled against a backdrop of verdant mountains, guests will experience the harmony of the modest life led by the monastery’s residents.
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Montenegro Tour By Train from Podgorica Itinerary
6:00-7:00 - Pick up from Podgorica, Budva, Cetinje, Kotor, Tivat, Bar and Ulcinj
- You will be picked up from your hotel in one of the above mentioned cities to Podgorica Train Station.
Montenegro Guided Tour by Train
- Enjoy a scenic train ride through the Platije canyon to Kolašin, passing some of Montenegro’s most fantastic mountain scenery along the way. Passing by the Maganik, Žurim, and Stožac peaks and over the Mala Rijeka, one of the highest bridges in Europe.
- Arrive at Kolašin, home to a ski resort deemed “aerial spa” by locals due to its extraordinary climate.
- Short drive to Biogradksa Gora National Park, where you will explore a rare European rainforest and stunning lake at its center.
- Return to the city center for free time for a walk or lunch, where you can sample some traditionally prepared Montenegrin specialties.
- The end of the tour takes you to the peaceful and photogenic Morača monastery, nestled among Montenegro’s verdant mountains.
16:00- 17:00 - Drop off at Podgorica, Budva, Cetinje, Kotor, Tivat, Bar and Ulcinj
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Montenegro Tour By Train from Podgorica, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Lovćen Private Tour from Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 7 hour tour From $65 Per Person
Piva Lake Private Biking Tour from Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 9 hour tour From $115 Per Person
Vasojevićki Kom Private Hiking Tour from Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 9 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Durmitor – Bobotov Kuk Private Hiking Tour From Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 10 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Stunning Montenegro Private Seaside TourMontenegro | 8 hour tour From $85 Per Person
South Montenegro Private Tour from Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 8 hour tour From $65 Per Person
Mrtvica Canyon Hiking Tour from Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 6 hour tour From $45 Per Person
Crmnica Wine Road Private Tour from Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 6 hour tour From $119 Per Person
Bjelasica Private Hiking Tour From Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 7 hour tour From $70 Per Person
Adriatic Jewels Private Tour From Kotor, Budva, Tivat & PodgoricaMontenegro | 7 hour tour From $49 Per Person