Middle Atlas Tour from Fez Highlights
01Visit the surprising alpine town of Ifrane
02Watch for birds at beautiful Lake Daiet Aoua
03Discover Moroccan ski resorts
04Wander the Cedar Goureau Forest
05Explore the Berber city Azrou.
Why we chose this tourOur Middle Atlas Tour from Fez is a chance to get off the beaten track and see a side of Morocco that you had perhaps never imagined. Head up into the Middle Atlas Mountains with your experienced driver and find yourself exploring Moroccan ski resorts, lakeside birdwatching spots, cedar forests, and alpine villages. Maybe even making friends with a monkey or two. This small-group tour will take you away from the cities and into the hills to discover scenery and experiences you didn’t know you could find in Morocco. This tour is available every day.
Leave the crowds of Fez behind you and head up into the Atlas Mountains to see a different side of Moroccan life. With your expert driver to show you all the best spots, you’ll visit tranquil lakes where families like to picnic and Swiss-looking alpine villages where locals retreat to escape the summer heat. Admire traditional Berber rugs and artwork in a traditional Berber town. Stroll through streets and squares with far fewer people than you’ll find at the souks of the cities. On this small-group tour, you can take as long as you like lingering in your favorite spots. Wander the forests, enjoy the mountain scenery, befriend the monkeys and enjoy a slower, cooler pace of life before heading back to the bustle of Fez.
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Middle Atlas Tour from Fez Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Fez
- You will be picked up from your hotel or riad in Fez
Tour of the Middle Atlas
- Visit the small picturesque town of Immouzer Kandar. Popular in the summer months for its more temperate climate than that of Fez.
- Take a detour to the amazing Lake Daiet Aoua. This beautiful spot is popular with Moroccan families who picnic there on weekends. Also with horseriders who trot across the lakebed in summer, cyclists doing laps of the lake, and birdwatchers looking for woodpeckers, eagles, and kestrels.
- Arrive in Ifrane, a surprising mountain resort tucked into the hills at over 1600m altitude. With its sloping red-tiled roofs, European-style buildings, flower beds, and oak and chestnut trees, the town look like it’s been lifted straight from the Swiss Alps.
- Our road continues through ski resorts to the foot of Cedar Goureau Forest. This forest is known to be a habitat for Barbary Macaques. These monkeys, also known as “magots,” are a common sight.
- Then on to Azrou, a tranquil Berber town known for its scenic surroundings, and Berber artisans who make traditional rugs and artwork.
- Once you have finished exploring the beautiful landscapes and enjoying the scenery, return to the vehicle and head back to Fez.
16:00 - Drop off at Fez
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Middle Atlas Tour from Fez, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Insider Fez Private City TourMorocco | 6 hours tour From $159 Per Person
Chefchaouen Tour from FezMorocco | 12 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Essaouira Private Tour & Surf Experience from MarrakeshMorocco | 8 hours tour From $185 Per Person
Insider Chefchaouen Private City TourMorocco | 4 hours tour From $55 Per Person
Fez Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 12 hours tour From $99 Per Person
Rabat Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 9 hours tour From $85 Per Person
El Jadida Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 9 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Insider Casablanca Private City TourMorocco | 5 hours tour From $60 Per Person
Marrakech Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 12 hours tour From $85 Per Person
Atlas Mountains, Aït BenHaddou, Valley of the Roses & Dades Valley 3 Day Private Tour PackageMorocco | 2 days tour From $339 Per Person