Meteora Tour from Athens or Thessaloniki by Train Highlights
1Explore the stunning UNESCO World Heritage of Meteora in a small sized group tour
2Enjoy the beautiful Greek landscape during your train rides
3See all 6 monasteries and enter 3 of them!
4Discover the hermit caves of Badovas
Why we chose this tourWhether you're looking for a retreat from the cultural capital of Thessaloniki or the cosmopolitan capital of Athens, our Meteora Tour from Athens or Thessaloniki by Train will let you experience a retreat into the past, and the wondrous landscape. Learn how this unique monastic community came to be, how they've operated throughout the ages, and how they're continuing on today. Check out the old hermitage caves, nestled high into the face of the mountain, and enter some of the working monasteries.
Our Meteora Tour from Athens or Thessaloniki by Train is available every day, and whisks you away from the city into the peaceful and rugged countryside. If you’re a bit short on time, this is the perfect tour to give you an introduction to this fascinating sect, their history, and the legends that surround past anchorites and hermits. Take a relaxing train ride and soak in the splendor of the scenery as it passes you by.
Once you’ve arrived, take a quick drive in our limo bus service to the UNESCO recognized World Heritage site. This is an unusual site, and beautiful in its isolation. It’s not hard to see why this was chosen by a group of hermits to abscond from society. Make your way past all six of the monasteries, and take the chance to explore three of them in more depth, taking a closer look at this ascetic community. You’ll leave stunned by the physical beauty of the setting and the determination of those early holy men that saw not a ruthless mountain, but a site to showcase their devotion to the spiritual.
This tour has guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Sized Group
Meteora Tour from Athens or Thessaloniki by Train Itinerary
7:20 or 8:18 Departure from Athens or Thessaloniki
- Hop on the train in Athens or Thessaloniki and drive to Meteora.
- Your guide will be waiting at Kalabaka Train Station upon your arrival.
5 hours Guided tour of Meteora
- For 5 hours, you will enjoy a guided tour of the UNESCO World Heritage.
- You will learn about the history, the traditions, and the life of the monks today.
- Enjoy the astonishing views.
- Enter 3 of the different monasteries.
- Visit the hermit caves of Badovas.
17:15 Depart from Meteora
- The tour will finish at Kalabaka Train Station on time to catch your 17:15 train to Athens or Thessaloniki
- Arrival in Thessaloniki will be around 20:30
- Arrival in Athens will be around 21:25
If you have any questions about our Meteora Tour from Athens or Thessaloniki by Train, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help