1Admire these UNESCO World Heritage sites during the best time of the day, bathed in a fiery sunset
2Discover the awesome and rugged terrain that surrounds Meteora
3Travel in the most comfortable way from Athens or Thessaloniki by train to Meteora
4Visit each and every of the 3 monasteries with the guidance of a local expert
Why we chose this tourOur Meteora 3 Day Tour from Athens and Thessaloniki by Train lets you travel in style, admiring the panoramas that flash by on your journey to this Byzantine treasure that is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site. The monastic community that decided to hole up in this geological wonder left plenty behind for us to marvel at, from suspended prison cells to a chapel carved into the hills themselves. Surrender to the spiritual energy that radiates from this site and let yourself be transported to another time.
Our Meteora 3 Day Tour from Athens and Thessaloniki by Train is available every day. No matter where you’re departing from, the scenery that will slide by on your seamless journey to Meteora is sure to delight you. After arriving in Kalampaka, you will be escorted by your guide to the hotel for a quick rest, and then the fun begins. The first adventure of your tour is a sunset hike of the site, and there is nothing quite like the site of these rocky hills light up with the ruby tones of a sunset.
The next two days take you on a deep dive into the old stories and fascinating figures that founded this community in the 10th century. Be inspired by the chapel carved into the hill and dedicated to the holy spirit, see the rock that the founder of this community build the complex on, and tour the entirety of the monastery from outlying ruins to the prison cells high above you. After 2 days in the mountains, you’ll have seen Saint George’s hermitage, a dazzling array of natural splendor, and all of the monasteries of Meteora.
This tour has guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Itinerary - Meteora 3 Day Tour from Athens and Thessaloniki by Train
Day 1 - Arrival in Meteora
- From Athens: Board the train at 7:20 am from Larissis train starion. Please be at the station at least 30 minutes before the departure in order to have plenty of time to find your coach and seats. The stewards there will assist you.
- From Thessaloniki: Board the train at 8:18 am from Thessaloniki train station. Please be at the station at least 30 minutes before the departure in order to have plenty of time to find your coach and seats. The stewards will assist you.
- Your tour leader will be waiting for you at Kalambaka train station at 11:30 am, upon your arrival with a sign with your name to escort you tour your hotel in Kalampaka
- In the evening you will enjoy our Meteora Sunset Tour.
- Overnight in Kalampaka.
Day 2 - Meteora
- After breakfast you will join either our 'Half-Day morning Tour of Meteora' or 'Hiking Tour of Meteora'.
- Explore with your local expert the magical UNESCO World Heritage of Meteora. You will learn about the history of the place and have the chance to enter the Monasteries..
- The tours will end around 1:00 PM - you will be brought back to your hotel and can enjoy a free evening to explore the area on your own.
- Overnight in Kalampaka (Breakfast included).
Day 3 - Departure
- After breakfast you will enjoy a free day in Kalampaka and use the time to explore the area on your own.
- You will be picked up from your hotel in the evening at 16:45, right on time for your departure to Athens or Thessaloniki.
- Arrival in Athens will be around 21:25. Travelers ending the tour in Thessaloniki will reach Thessaloniki train station around 20:30.
- (Breakfast included)
If you have any questions about our Meteora 3 Day Tour from Athens and Thessaloniki by Train, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Meteora 3 Day Tour from Athens and Thessaloniki by Train as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.