1Cruise the Mekong River to explore its beauty and floating markets
2Cycle around charming Cái Bè after riding a traditional sampan
3Visit a local workshop to see how coconut candies and rice wine are made
4Try your own hand at cooking Vietnamese dishes with a local host
Why we chose this tourOur Mekong Delta Tour from Ho Chi Minh City takes you to this vibrant and verdant part of the country where you'll cruise along the serene Mekong River, explore floating markets, and learn more about the locals in their own home. Marvel at homemade handicrafts and the stunning scenery that passes you by far from the bustling city, enjoying local cuisine and music along the way. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Mekong Delta Tour from Ho Chi Minh City Itinerary
7:30 - Pickup from Ho Chi Minh City
- We will pick you up from your hotel in the District 1 area.
Guided tour of the Mekong Delta, Cai Be Village & Tan Phong Island
- The tour starts with a pickup from your hotel by our local partners that will drive you through the stunning natural splendor of Vietnam on your way to Cái Bè.
- Once you've arrived, take some time to stroll through a flea market, enjoying the trinkets and local atmosphere before you take your cruise along the stunning Mekong River.
- Along the way, you'll stop a houseboat selling fresh fruit and pass the famous floating markets and artisans, where you'll have the chance to see how snake wine, coconut candy, pop-rice, and rice paper are made.
- Hop off at Tân Phong, a fmous island where you can visit a verdant tropical garden, listen to folk music, and take a short ride on a hand-rowed sampan.
- Enjoy a traditional lunch at a local house, where the host will demonstrate how to cook regional cuisine and give you the chance to try it for yourself!
- You can either rest after lunch or cycle for about half an hour before you say goodbye to your host and head back to the city.
17:30 - Drop off in Ho Chi Minh City
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Mekong Delta Tour from Ho Chi Minh City are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Mekong Delta Tour from Ho Chi Minh City, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Ho Chi Minh City
Hotel pick up/drop off from hotels in District 1
Fully guided tour
All boat trips (motorboat & hand-rowed boat)
Lunch (5-course set menu)
Drinks (2 bottles of 500ml/Person)
Snacks (fruits, candies, honey tea)
Local taxes, fees and handling charges
Drinks not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Please note that all travelers to Vietnam must have a valid Visa and medical travel insurance before they arrive to Vietnam
Special Cancelation Policy: Cancelation up to 48 hours before the start time of trip , will be refunded 95% (5 % handling fee.) Cancelation less than 48 hours before the start time of trip , will be fully charged
Children up to 4 years will join the tour free of charge