Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya Highlights
1Learn about the importance of cenotes to Mayan culture - thought to be portals to the underworld
2Swim and snorkel in the Caribbean ocean where, if you're lucky, you'll see stingrays and sea turtles
3Visit a private cenote - a cave of spectacular beauty with a collapsed ceiling, letting in natural light
4Take a delicious vegetarian lunch with your small group and handpicked local guide
Why we chose this tourOur Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya is a fantastic way to learn about the importance of cenotes and the ocean to Mayan culture. Swim and snorkel your way through the Caribbean ocean, marveling at both a coral reef and the vast array of fish and underwater species that make this sea their home. Visit a unique cenote - an underwater cave of incredible beauty. See impressive limestone formations and learn about the importance of these caves to Mayans, thanks to the impressive knowledge of your local guide. Wade through the water into the heart of the cave, where you can swim in the natural light from the collapsed ceiling above. Finally, enjoy a delicious vegetarian lunch before heading back to your hotel. Our Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya leaves with guaranteed departures.
If you love swimming and being in the water, you’ll love our Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya. Even better, you’ll get to learn about the importance of water to the local Mayan culture from your expert local guide who will be with you on this tour. You’ll get to swim and snorkel in the tropical waters of the Caribbean ocean, observing the local coral reef in an impossibly beautiful bay. You and your small group will also be treated to a private tour of one of the region’s most beautiful cenotes. Cenotes hold particular significance to the Mayans, and it’s impossible not to see why when you visit. They are underwater caves of spectacular beauty, complete with limestone formations and collapsed ceilings that let in natural light, highlighting the impossibly blue water below. This is an amazing experience, guaranteed to be a highlight of your trip.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya Itinerary
7:00-7:30 - Pickup from the Riviera Maya
- You will be picked up from your hotel at the Riviera Maya.
Guided Mayan Underworld Tour
- Join a small group and a local guide who will introduce you to the waters surrounding the Riviera Maya.
- Snorkel in the Caribbean ocean, taking in the vast array of fish that call this ocean home. You may even catch sight of a stingray or sea turtle.
- Take a private tour of a local cenote - an underwater cave filled with magnificent limestone structures and gorgeous waters.
- These caves play a large part in traditional Mayan culture, as they were thought to be portals to the underworld. Hear all about them as your local guide tells tales about both ancient and modern times.
- Walk through the water until you arrive in deeper water, where you can swim to your heart's delight, under the collapsed ceiling which lets in natural light.
- Take a delicious vegetarian lunch before heading back to your hotel.
14:00-14:30 - Drop off at the Riviera Maya
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Mayan Jungle ATV Night Tour from the Riviera MayaMexico | 4 hours tour From $99 Per Person
Premium Catamaran Cruise from CancunMexico | 7 hours tour From $99 Per Person
Tulum Half Day Tour from the Riviera MayaMexico | 7 hours tour From $59 Per Person
Bacalar and Lagoon of the 7 Colors Sailing Experience from the Riviera MayaMexico | 12 hours tour From $160 Per Person
Sian Ka’an Eco Adventure Tour from the Riviera MayaMexico | 12 hours tour From $170 Per Person
Sian Ka’an Muyil Tour from the Riviera MayaMexico | 7 hours tour From $130 Per Person
Mayan Culture, Coba & Punta Laguna Tour from the Riviera MayaMexico | 9 hours tour From $145 Per Person
Cenote Biking Tour from TulumMexico | 6 hours tour From $90 Per Person
Mayan Bicycle & Punta Laguna Nature Reserve Tour from the Riviera MayaMexico | 9 hours tour From $135 Per Person
Tulum Archaeological Site & Pueblo Bike TourMexico | 6 hours tour From $90 Per Person