Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya Highlights
01Learn about the importance of cenotes to Mayan culture - thought to be portals to the underworld
02Swim and snorkel in a stunning inlet full of colorful fish
03Visit a private cenote - a cave of spectacular beauty with a collapsed ceiling, letting in natural light
04Take a delicious vegetarian lunch with your small group and handpicked local guide
Why we chose this tourOur Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya is a fantastic way to learn about the importance of cenotes and the ocean to Mayan culture. Swim and snorkel your way through a stunning inlet marveling at the vast array of fish and underwater species that make this sea their home. Visit a unique cenote - an underwater cave of incredible beauty. See impressive limestone formations and learn about the importance of these caves to Mayans, thanks to the impressive knowledge of your local guide. Wade through the water into the heart of the cave, where you can swim in the natural light from the collapsed ceiling above. Finally, enjoy a delicious vegetarian lunch before heading back to your hotel. Our Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya leaves with guaranteed departures.
If you love swimming and being in the water, you’ll love our Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya. Even better, you’ll get to learn about the importance of water to the local Mayan culture from your expert local guide who will be with you on this tour. You’ll get to swim and snorkel in the tropical waters of the Caribbean ocean, observing the local variety of beautiful fishes. You and your small group will also be treated to a private tour of one of the region’s most beautiful cenotes. Cenotes hold particular significance to the Mayans, and it’s impossible not to see why when you visit. They are underwater caves of spectacular beauty, complete with limestone formations and collapsed ceilings that let in natural light, highlighting the impossibly blue water below. This is an amazing experience, guaranteed to be a highlight of your trip.
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya Itinerary
7:00-7:30 - Pickup from the Riviera Maya
- You will be picked up from your hotel at the Riviera Maya.
08:00 - Guided Mayan Underworld Tour
- Join a small group and a local guide who will introduce you to the waters surrounding the Riviera Maya.
- Snorkel in a stunning inlet, taking in the vast array of fish that call this ocean home. You may even catch sight of a stingray or sea turtle.
- Take a private tour of a local cenote - an underwater cave filled with magnificent limestone structures and gorgeous waters.
- These caves play a large part in traditional Mayan culture, as they were thought to be portals to the underworld. Hear all about them as your local guide tells tales about both ancient and modern times.
- Walk through the water until you arrive in deeper water, where you can swim to your heart's delight, under the collapsed ceiling which lets in natural light.
- Take a delicious vegetarian lunch before heading back to your hotel.
14:00-14:30 - Drop off at the Riviera Maya
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Mayan Underworld Tour from the Riviera Maya, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class in MéridaMexico | 6 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Teotihuacan Insider City TourMexico | 9 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Private Mexico City Street Food TourMexico | 5 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Private Hidden Mexico City TourMexico | 7 hour tour From $29 Per Person
Vallarta Tequila & Taco Tasting TourMexico | 4 hour tour From $85 Per Person
Vallarta Taco & Street Food Tasting TourMexico | 3 hour tour From $59 Per Person
Vallarta Bike & Food Tasting TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $60 Per Person
Vallarta Downtown Food TourMexico | 3.5 hour tour From $55 Per Person
Jungle Mountain Bike & Adventure Private Tour from TulumMexico | 7 hour tour From $130 Per Person
Jorullo Bridge ATV Experience from Puerto VallartaMexico | 3 hour tour From $119 Per Person