Marvelous Vietnam 12 Day Private Package Tour Highlights
1Trek the rice fields of Sapa and the mountains of Northern Vietnam
2Learn about the daily life of local minorities across the country
3Explore the vibrant streets of Ho Chi Minh City by Jeep
4Try your own hand at creating local delicacies in Hue
Why we chose this tourOur Marvelous Vietnam 12 Day Package Tour takes you through the country's most magnificent highlights, winding down paths away from all the tourists and deep into the country's complex cultural heritage and rich history. You'll meet local villagers and interact with them in their homes, learn how to cook traditional dishes from an expert cook, and escape everyday life with an expert tour guide to lead you. This tour is available every day with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Marvelous Vietnam 12 Day Private Package Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Hanoi
- Arrive in Hanoi for your first taste of Vietnam, where you'll be meet at the airport by our team and transferred to your hotel.
- After check in, take some time to explore the neighborhoods intoxicating charm or rest for your upcoming adventures.
- Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2 - Transfer to Sapa
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before you make your way across rolling fields and the verdant countryside to reach Sapa.
- Marvel at the scenic views that pass you by.
- Overnight in Sapa (Breakfast included).
Day 3 - Lao Chai, Tavan & Giang Ta Chai
- Charge up with a hearty breakfast before your day of hiking through Sa Pa Valley, starting along a road that winds down below Cau May.
- This breathtakingly beautiful area is filled with lush rice terraces that hide behind misty clouds and rolling hills that cover the ground to captivate you as you get your blood pumping.
- Pass over the Muong Hoa River on your way to the fascinating Black Hmong village of Lao Chai, a unique part of the country that you won't find anywhere else.
- Continue your trek to Ta Van Giay, crossing a suspension bridge covered with a fascinating array of rock carvings that include stilt houses, a number of people, and decorative patterns.
- Stop to refuel with lunch in a local village before you head into a bamboo forest on your way to Giang Ta Chai, a Red Dao village that's home to this ethnic minority.
- Rest near a sparkling waterfall before hiking back to the car and returning to Sapa for the evening.
- Overnight in Sapa (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 4 - Muong Hum Market & Y Ty Village
- Eat an early breakfast before you leave early to visit the Muong Hum morning market, avoiding the crowds of tourists that show up later in the day.
- Spend the morning meeting the different ethnic groups that live around Muong Hum before tasting regional dishes at lunchtime.
- Digest your delicious food with a hike around the market and village, learning more about daily life and exploring the market before heading back to Y Ty village for dinner with the group.
- Overnight in Y Ty (Breakfast, lunch, & dinner included).
Day 5 - Trekking Tour of Choang Thien & Ngai Thau Village
- After breakfast at your accommodation, you'll drive in a private car to Choang Thien village for another day of hiking in these gorgeous mountains.
- Along your trek, discover traditional Ha Nhi houses and learn about daily life in this rural setting.
- Enjoy lunch at the house of a H'Mong family, learning more about this fascinating minority group.
- Continue to Ngai Thau village, hiking through terraced rice fields, towering mountains, enchanting waterfalls, and quaint villages.
- Enjoy dinner at a restaurant before returning to Y Ty for the night.
- Overnight in Y Ty (Breakfast, lunch, & dinner included).
Day 6 - Lao Chai Village & Sapa
- Return to Sapa after breakfast, stopping along the way in Lao Chai and meeting the Ha Nhi people and discovering their unique architecture.
- Have lunch in Den Sang's Sang Ma Sao village before heading back to Sapa for a night of free time to explore independently or rest after two days of trekking.
- Overnight in Sapa (Breakfast & lunch included).
Day 7 - Transfer to Hanoi
- Enjoy your last day in Sapa after breakfast and then make your way back to Hanoi through the incredible landscapes of the countryside.
- Once in Hanoi, check into the hotel and take the day for yourself to explore this enchanting city.
- Overnight in Hanoi (Breakfast included).
Day 8 - Flight to Hue
- Take some time to say goodbye to Hanoi after breakfast with some leisure time before you transfer to the airport.
- Once you've arrive in Hue, check in and spend the evening walking the atmospheric city streets.
- Overnight in Hue (Breakfast included).
Day 9 - Hue Countryside
- Head to the Toa Kham Wharf, beginning your day with a visit to the Thien Mu Pagoda, a historic temple that's a famous symbol of Hue City, and then a trip to Thuy Bieu village.
- Taste a welcome drink at a local house before you make your way through the village by bike, making stops to see how incense and joss-paper are crafted, and view some paintings on paper made by a local family.
- Make your way back to the first house, enjoying a foot massage before you cook up some local dishes like a pork and shrimp fig salad, banh ram, and banh khoai under the supervision of an expert chef.
- Enjoy your creations before heading back to Hue for a free evening.
- Overnight in Hue (Breakfast & lunch included).
Day 10 - Flight to Ho Chi Minh City
- Appreciate your down time at breakfast before you drive to the airport for your flight to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Once you've checked in, the day is yours to seize as you will!
- Overnight in Ho Chi Minh (Breakfast included).
Day 11 - Ho Chi Minh City Tour by Jeep
- Have a hearty breakfast before you're picked up in a sturdy Jeep for your tour of Ho Chi Minh City, making your first stop at the Independence/Reunification Palace.
- This impressive complex is symbolic of the end of the Vietnam War when Saigon fell on April 30th, 1975 and the North Vietnamese Army Tank #843 crashed through the gates where the Vietnamese president resided.
- Stop number two is the War Remnants Museum, the most visited museum in the entire city.
- Collections include the machinery, weapons, photos, and documentation of Vietnam's various wars.
- Stop next at the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old Post Office to admire the highlights of old Saigon architecture at the heart of the city.
- Drive along the famous Dong Khoi or Nguyen Hue street on your way to the bustling Ben Thanh Market in District 1 where your guide can help you barter for goods.
- Pass along Bui Vien Street on the way back to your hotel for a free day.
- Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City (Breakfast included).
Day 12 - Departure from Ho Chi Minh City
- As sad as we are to see you go, this is the final day of your trip.
- Check out and head to the local markets for one last taste of Ho Chi Minh City and then head to the airport for your next flight.
- We wish you safe travels wherever your journey takes you!
- Breakfast included.
NB - all timings on Marvelous Vietnam 12 Day Private Package Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Marvelous Vietnam 12 Day Private Package Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided tour
Domestic flight from Hanoi to Hue and Hue to Ho Chi Minh City include up to 20 kg of checked luggage per pax, operated by Vietnam Airlines or similar
Accommodation shared in Double/ Twin/ Triple rooms with daily breakfast in 5* hotels(including 5% service fee and 10% VAT tax)
Check-in room at 14:00 // Check-out room at 12:00 noon
Meals: 11 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 2 dinners as per itinerary
Vietnam visa letter approval
Water in the vehicle
Visa stamping fee on arrival at the airport (Vietnam: $25/person)
Meals not mentioned & drinks
Surcharge for airport cabs from 12:00 am – 05:00 am
Other services not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
Please note that all travelers to Vietnam must have a valid Visa and medical travel insurance before they arrive to Vietnam
5* Hotels: Hanoi: O'Gallery Majestic or similar, Y Ty: Y Ty Lodge or similar, Sapa: Silk Path Sapa or similar, Hue: Pilgrimage village or similar, Ho Chi Minh: The Myst Dong Khoi or similar
Check-in room at 14:00 // Check-out room at 12:00 noon (Except Early check-in or Late check-out mentioned in the program)