Lousios Gorge Hiking Tour from Gortyn Highlights
1Go inside the hanging cliffside St John Prodromos Monastery
2Savor a traditional picnic lunch overlooking the Lousios River
3Visit the archaeological site of ancient Gortys
4Trek through the towering pines and limestone cliffs of Lousios Gorge
Why we chose this tourOur Lousios Gorge Hiking Tour from Gortyn is an escape into nature and the fascinating past of this beautiful area with the help of an expert local guide. Explore precariously perched monasteries, plunge the depths of ancient archaeological sites, and breathe the fresh air of this ruggedly beautiful area. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Lousios Gorge Hiking Tour from Gortyn Itinerary
10:00 - Pickup from Gortyn
- Meet your local guide at the Ancient Gortyna Site and start your hiking tour.
Guided Lousios Gorge Hiking Tour
- The day starts at your meeting point of ancient Gortys, a fascinating archaeological site that you'll explore in greater depth towards the end of the tour, and takes you to the Filosofou Monastery.
- This Holy Monastery of the Philosopher is only ruins now, but is one of the oldest and most historic monasteries in the country, and well worth the time to admire.
- Trek through the dense pines forests and craggy hills above the rushing Lousios River on your way to one of the area's many hanging monasteries.
- Spend some time exploring the St John Prodromos Monastery on a guided tour with a local expert, learning more about the pervasive mysticism of the area and how these incredible monasteries came to be.
- Continue to the archaeological site of ancient Gortys, learning more about this historic city and how it came to be abandoned and untouched for so many years.
- Enjoy a traditional local picnic to end your day, overlooking the stunning scenery below, before finishing your tour.
14:00 - Drop off at Gortyn
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Lousios Gorge Hiking Tour from Gortyn are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Lousios Gorge Hiking Tour from Gortyn, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
All necessary local transfers for the operation of the activity
Fully guided tour
Greek traditional picnic lunch
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Long hiking pants
Hat or beenie
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Your own personal water bottle. As part of our environmental policy and actions, we are committed to eliminating the use of plastic water bottles
The minimum age requires is 8 years old, the maximum age is 70 years old
The tour requires basic physical condition