Lagoa do Fogo Jeep Tour from Ponta Delgada Highlights
01Enjoy an intimate tour with a limit of 8 travelers in this paradise
02Dive into the flora and fauna, diving into their science and history
03Admire cinematic views from Miradouro Pico da Barrosa
04Visit the stunning Salto de Cabrito, a rushing waterfall
Why we chose this tourOur Lagoa do Fogo Jeep Tour from Ponta Delgada, limited to an intimate 8 travelers, sweeps you across this stunning island's volcanic landscapes to swim in natural pools and discover its untouched beauty. Learn about its history of eruptions and landslides, as well as the natural species that cover the island. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy CancelationSmall Group Size
Lagoa do Fogo Jeep Tour from Ponta Delgada Itinerary
14:00 - Pickup from Ponta Delgada
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Ponta Delgada.
Guided Lagoa do Fogo Tour
- Start your off the beaten track adventures in São Miguel with a visit to Pico da Barrosa, a renowned viewpoint that lets you see the southern and northern coasts of this island paradise.
- Observe the Lagoa de Fogo (the Lake of Fire) from a viewpoint to admire its sparkling sapphire waters that sit within a volcanic caldera and the nature reserve that conserves this unique spot.
- Marvel at the untouched nature that surrounds you at this incredible site, and learn from your guide how this lake was created as you snap photos of the surrounding scenery.
- Continue to Caldeira Velha, a rushing waterfall rich in iron and other minerals when you can swim through the natural pools or soak in the warm waters to refresh yourself, surrounded by a verdant forest.
- Make your way to another amazing waterfall, the enormous Salto do Cabrito, before you head into the historical center of Ribeira Grande, a coastal village.
- Learn about the history of the area before you return to Ponta Delgada after a day full of explorations and entertainment.
17:00 - Drop off at Ponta Delgada
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Lagoa do Fogo Jeep Tour from Ponta Delgada are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Lagoa do Fogo Jeep Tour from Ponta Delgada, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Ponta Delgada
Fully guided tour
Visit to Caldeira Velha (bathing possibility)
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable light clothes, sweater, raincoat
Water & snacks
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Swimsuit & towel
The minimum age required for the tour is 6 years old
Related Tours and Experiences
Insider Lisbon Cruise TourPortugal | 2 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Lisbon Sunset CruisePortugal | 2 hours tour From $52 Per Person
Porto & Douro Valley 5 Day Tour PackagePortugal | 5 days package From $275 Per Person
Salto do Prego – Sanguinho Hiking Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 8 hours tour From $68 Per Person
Kayaking in Vila Franca do Campo, São Miguel – AzoresPortugal | 3 hours tour From $50 Per Person
Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 5 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 3 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Pico Island Tour from MadalenaPortugal | 8 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Lagoa do Fogo Hiking Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 7 hours tour From $65 Per Person
Furnas Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 8 hours tour From $99 Per Person