Lagoa do Fogo Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada Highlights
1Take an intimate tour with a maximum of 16 travelers
2Discover Fogo's volcanic complex and stunning lake
3Trek through a lush nature reserve and admire the flora and fauna
4See the Convent of Caloura and learn about the St Christ of Miracles
Why we chose this tourOur Lagoa do Fogo Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada, limited to 16 travelers, is the perfect way to explore the volcanic beauty and unique features of this island paradise. Trek rugged paths past caldera lakes, discover the lush endemic plants that cover the ground, pass historical sites like convents and factories, and enjoy a picnic on the shores of the lake itself. This tour is available every Tuesday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Lagoa do Fogo Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Ponta Delgada
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Ponta Delgada.
Guided Hiking Tour of Lagoa do Fogo
- Meet your guide to get a jump start on this 16 person tour of São Miguel Island, famed for its stunning lakes, fascinating history, natural conservation, and wild landscapes.
- Leave Ponta Delgada behind for a visit to Miradouro do Pisão, a panoramic viewpoint that overlooks Caloura's natural pools and ancient convent below., learning about the Saint Christ of Miracles' history.
- Continue to the Agua d'Alto beach to find the trailhead, trekking upwards through the stunning flora and fauna on your way up to the shores of Lake Fogo and its shimmering waters.
- Picnic above the caldeira of the volcano, savoring the grandeur of the rugged landscapes that surround you, reveling in the paradise you've discovered.
- Uncover modern and ancient aqueducts that line the island. You will pass ruins of an ancient factory, in which fibers were produced
- from a plant introduced as New Zealand flax (Phormium tenax).
- End the day at Agua d'Alto for a refreshing dip in the ocean to finish your day of hiking and discoveries.
16:00 - Drop off at Ponta Delgada
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Lagoa do Fogo Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Lagoa do Fogo Hiking Tour from Ponta Delgada, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Ponta Delgada
Fully guided tour
Light meal (sandwich, cake, fruit, water, juice)
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable light clothes, sweater, raincoat
Water & snacks
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Swimming suit & towel (summer)
Hiking Length: 11 km
Difficulty Level: Medium
The minimum age required is 8 years old
Please let us know if you have any food restirctions
The hike is not recommended for people with knee/joint or ankle problemss