La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Highlights
1Enjoy aerial views of the rainforest from the hanging bridges
2Savor a traditional Costa Rican lunch at a family farm
3Swim in the crystalline waters beneath La Fortuna Waterfall
4Travel with a maximum of 8 people for an intimate experience
Why we chose this tourOur La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal is limited to only 8 travelers, and takes you to discover the lush rainforests and rugged lava fields accompanied by an expert guide that will bring ultra-HD viewing equipment, guaranteeing you the best possible views. Swim in the crystal clear waters below the La Fortuna Falls, enjoy time at a local family-owned farm, and trek the lava fields that surround the towering Arenal Volcano. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Itinerary
11:00 - Pickup from La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in La Fortuna & Arenal.
10:30 - Guided La Fortuna Waterfall Hiking Tour
- Begin with a later start to your day, giving you time to fully wake up before meeting your guide in the hotel and heading towards the dense forests that hide the La Fortuna Waterfall.
- Once you've reached the trees, take a short hike that descends 500 steps down to the serene pool that lies beneath the rushing waters.
- As you make your way down, take advantage of your guide's ultra-HD viewing equipment, including binoculars and telescopes, to get a better look at the wildlife around you, and take some incomparable photos.
- A number of birds, mammals, and unique plants call this area home, including over 1,300 types of orchids, the adorable sloth, and toucans.
- If you're lucky, you'll get to see a few before you make your way down as you admire sweeping panoramic views of the stunning area that surrounds you.
- When you're finally at the bottom, take some time to swim or soak in these sparkling waters and immerse yourself in the serenity of this jungle paradise.
- Return to the top and make your way to a family-owned local farm on the riverbanks for a homemade, traditional Costa Rican lunch.
- Learn more about the Rodriguez family, watch as your food is cooked over a traditional wood stove, and discover how traditional agricultural practices still continue to this day as you rest for the second part of your tour and enjoy some Costa Rican coffee.
14:00 - Guided Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour
- After lunch, you'll drive to the Arenal Volcano National Park for a hike around the base of the peak, wandering across ancient lava flows as you learn more about the geology and natural history of the area.
- You'll be able to see for yourself where the barren lava fields end and the lush rainforest begins, and enjoy some unparalleled views that you won't ever forget.
- Finish your volcano hike and then return to your hotel for an evening of more explorations or some rest.
17:00 - Drop off at La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from La Fortuna & Arenal
Fully guided tour
Costa Rican typical lunch & Water
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes
Bathing suit & towel
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Volcano Hike: 2-3km, slow paced
Waterfall Hike: 520 steps down (usually takes 20 minutes on the way down and 25 on the way up)
While this tour is available for all ages, we recommend only bringing children 4 years old and over