Knossos Palace and Heraklion Archaeological Museum Tour Highlights
1Discover the famous Palace of Knossos, known as the birthplace of the Minoans
2Explore the capital of Crete, Heraklion, with an expert local guide
3Hear the stories and myths of ancient Crete
4Enjoy a visit to the marvelous Museum of Heraklion
Why we chose this tourOur Knossos Palace and Heraklion Archaeological Museum Tour transports you back in time and embrace the entrancing mythology of the Knossos Palace, the cradle of Minoan civilization and birthplace of the myths of the labyrinth, the Minotaur, and King Minos. Wander through the ruins that have inspired countless legends with an unparalleled local expert. Travel to Heraklion, the capital of Crete and home to the Archaeological Museum, one of the largest of its kind globally. After looking at the huge collection of artifacts, walk through present-day Heraklion, a busy seaside city.
Our Knossos Palace and Heraklion Archaeological Museum Tour is available every Tuesday, and takes you deep into the myths and tales surrounding Crete, and the legendary Minoans. With their well-earned reputation for building opulent palaces, you can be sure that a visit to Knossos Palace will strike the perfect chord. Excavated in the early 20th century by the renowned English archaeologist, Arthur Evans, these are the remains of the largest Minoan palace. Stand in the ruins where Minoan civilization, and the myth of the Minotaur and his Labyrinth were born. Its partial restoration showcases the intricate murals, King Minos’ throne, and displays the original labyrinth itself.
The second part of your tour takes you to Heraklion, the capital of Crete and home to an enourmous collection of artifacts housed in their Archaeological Museum. It is not only one of the largest museums in all of Greece, it is also revered as a global treasure and a critically important collections. The collection housed spans from the Neolithic period all the way up to Roman times, covering a total span of 5,500 years. End your day with an exploration of Heraklion itself, a charming seaside city that is the economic hub of the island and its largest urban center.
This tour leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Knossos Palace and Heraklion Archaeological Museum Tour Itinerary
6:40-7:50 Pickup from Chania
- We will pick you up from centralized hotels in Chania and its suburbs (Kolimbari, Tavronitis, Maleme, Gerani, Platanias, Ag Marina, Stalos, Kalamaki, Ag Apostoli, Halepa).
Guided tour Knossos
- Discover one of the must-sees in Crete with a local guide - the famous Knossos Palace.
- Dive in the Crete history and mythology and learn more about the birthplace of the Minoan Culture.
Guided tour of Heraklion and the Archaeological Museum
- After your visit of Knossos Palace, you continue to the Crete's capital Heraklion.
- Enjoy a guided visit of the Archaeological Museum - it is the largest and most important museums of Greece and is listed among the most important museums of Europe.
- Enjoy some free time in Heraklion before heading back to your hotel.
17:50-18:50 Drop off in Chania
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Knossos Palace and Heraklion Archaeological Museum Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help