Tokyo Kamakura Walking Tour and Traditional Tea Ceremony Highlights
1Explore the charming seaside town of Kamakura, filled with traditional homes and quaint gardens
2Discover the Great Buddha at Kotoku-in Temple, the second tallest bronze statue in the entire country
3Visit the Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, one of the most important Shinto shrines
4Join a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony with a tea master that will explain the secrets of this important ritual
Why we chose this tourOur Tokyo Kamakura Walking Tour and Traditional Tea Ceremony gives you the opportunity to explore a small city bursting with cultural and historical significance. As you stroll through the narrow and winding streets of this quaint town, you'll be given the opportunity to explore on your own after your guide has pointed out the most interesting features to see. The Tea Ceremony is a highly ritualized art form, and critically important from a cultural standpoint. Seeing it performed by a tea master is an unparalleled experience you won't want to miss! Our Tokyo Kamakura Walking Tour and Traditional Tea Ceremony is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Tokyo Kamakura Walking Tour and Traditional Tea Ceremony Itinerary
8:00 Meeting point at Tokyo Station
- Meet your guide at the Tokyo Station.
Guided tour of Kamakura
- Your day begins at Tsurugaoka Hachimangu, a majestic Shinto shrine surrounded by tranquil ponds and bursting Peony gardens.
- You'll stroll along the narrow streets, admiring the small local shops on your way, with the option to have lunch from one of the local street vendors or a quaint restaurant.
- Your next stop Kotoku-in, with the bronze Great Buddha statue from 1252 serenely watches over the city. This is the second tallest bronze statue in the entire country, and is sure to impress!
2 hour Traditional Tea Ceremony
- Your day ends with a traditional Japanese tea ceremony inside an authentic tea house. This two hour ceremony is lead by a tea master, and is an enchanting ritual every time this ancient art is performed.
17:00 Drop off at Tokyo Station
- Hop back on the train bound to Tokyo station (tickets included). Your tour will end at Tokyo station at 17:00.
If you have any questions about our Tokyo Kamakura Walking Tour and Traditional Tea Ceremony, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Tokyo Kamakura Walking Tour and Traditional Tea Ceremony as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.