Jordan Through the Movies Private 3 Day Package Tour Highlights
1Wander the streets of Petra, one of the 7 Wonders of the World
2Visit filming site from The Martian, Lawrence of Arabia, and more
3Spend the night in a Bedouin camp under the desert stars
4Take a safari ride through Wadi Rum, the Mars-like desert
Why we chose this tourOur Jordan Through the Movies 3 Day Package Tour takes you on a guided tour of the ancient Hashemite Kingdom, viewing its wonders through the lens of modern cinematic marvels and visiting sites like the desert where Matt Damon filmed The Martian and Lawrence of Arabia was shot. You'll see breathtaking historic ruins that are world-famous, contemporary resort cities buzzing with life and color, and natural wonders across the sands of Jordan. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Jordan Through the Movies Private 3 Day Package Tour Itinerary
Day 1 - Jerash, Madaba and Mt Nebo
- After pick up from Tel Aviv, Jerusalem or Amman, meet your expert guide for a trip back through the past and the silver screen.
- Your expert guide will perfectly combine Jordan's ancient culture with the scenes from the movies as you make your way through the Hashemite Kingdom
- Begin with Jerash, one of the most well-preserved and imposing Roman cities in the world and where Top Gear was filmed.
- Learn about how the stars of this film raced their cars in "Old Testament NASCAR", a modern take on how the Roman raced their flying chariots through these streets millennia ago.
- Continue to Mount Nebo, a towering peak that overlooks both Jordan and Israel, and the spot where Moses is said to have first viewed the Promised Land after wandering in the desert for 40 years.
- Head through the glowing sands of the desert as the sun sinks below the horizon for your overnight in Wadi Musa, just outside of the entrance to Petra, and rest up for a day of discovery.
- Overnight in Petra (Dinner included)
Day 2 - Petra
- Spend your day at the rose-hued city that's one of the 7 Wonders of the World, and a star in both Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, the long-lost city of Petra.
- You'll visit highlights like the Treasury, al-Siq, the Tombs, and much more as you trace your way through the rusty paths that lead you past intricate facades and towering monuments.
- Discover the movie highlights as well as hidden treasures along the way, learning more about the Nabatean people and how they hand-carved these wondrous buildings.
- Leave Petra for Wadi Rum, also known as the Valley of the Moon, and explore the otherworldly sands of this desert.
- It's a stunning sight on its own, and resembles the surface of Mars with its shimmering sands, and much of The Martian was shot on these very dunes.
- End your day in a Bedouin camp, enjoying a traditional homemade dinner, and sleep beneath the expansive stars.
- Overnight in a Bedouin Camp in Wadi Rum (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included)
Day 3 - Wadi Rum
- Take the morning to dive more deeply into the barren beauty of Wadi Rum with a Bedouin guide to lead you to the most breathtaking points spots in this spectacular setting.
- This Jeep safari with a local guide who grew up nearby takes you to the most famous filming locations and hidden treasures of this glowing desert, including where Star Wars: Rogue One was shot.
- Popular as a filming site because of its similarity to both Mars and the moon, Theeb and Red Planet were both filmed here, as well as the historically fascinating Lawrence of Arabia.
- Leave Wadi Rum behind on your way to Aqaba, the only city in Jordan that sits on the Red Sea, and wander the busy markets of this modern resort and diving city.
- If you're returning to Israel, you can cross back over the border to return to your original departure point.
- (Breakfast included)
NB - all timings on Jordan Through the Movies Private 3 Day Package Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Jordan Through the Movies Private 3 Day Package Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from all of the sites in fully air-conditioned vehicles
Fully guided tour in English by government licensed guides. Guiding in other languages (Russian, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Romanian, Bulgarian) is available.
Meals: Breakfast on day 2+3, lunch on day 1+2, dinner on day 2
Accommodation in hotel and/or Bedouin campsite
All entrance fees – worth approximately $80-90
Experienced local operations team available 24/7
Border fee of $65 per person, paid in cash to the representative
Drinks & meals not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Water & snacks
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Warm clothing/a jacket are also recommended for overnight tours and tours during the winter months.
We also recommend that you bring extra cash.
If you start the tour from Eilat or Aqaba, the tour will be done in reverse order
For tours crossing at the Sheikh Hussein or Yitzhak Rabin/Arava Border – our representative will collect the $65 border fee in cash upon pickup. Our Jordanian representative will collect the $60 visa fee in cash on the Jordanian side of the border
Upgrades are subject to availability and requests must be made in advance. Chalet upgrades are $120 per chalet ($60 when shared). The Martian tents are $240 per tent ($120 per person when shared) and must be arranged upon booking. Please contact us after completing your booking to confirm your upgrade.
Visitors traveling alone on our tours will be charged a single traveler supplement fee of $25/night
We use 3-star hotels on all our overnight tours,and are happy to give you exact hotel names if you contact us with your travel dates. You may also book a night in a hotel rather than the Bedouin camp
Children under 12 receive a $70 discount on all tours. Babies under 2 are offered all tours for free, but we do not provide car seats