Island Hopping 9 Day Package Tour from Rhodes Highlights
01Get active on your adventure to Greece with 5 scenic island hikes
02Explore an uninhabited and mostly untouched island covered in a thriving forest
03Discover medieval castles and deserted villages with your expert guide
04Visit Rhodes' medieval town and Lindos' Acropolis and learn more about this region's history
Why we chose this tourOur 9 Day Island Hopping from Rhodes experience is perfect for active adventurers looking to step off the beaten track and explore a more authentic side of the Dodecanese islands. With hikes and kayak tours, delicious samples of local cuisine, and stays at boutique hotels, you'll see a different side of the islands with this active package. This tour is available every day between April through May and September through October and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy CancelationSmall Group Size
Island Hopping 9 Day Package Tour from Rhodes Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival to Rhodes
- After you arrive in Rhodes, you'll transfer to the port and meet your guide to take a boat ride to Tilos.
- Overnight in Tilos (Dinner included).
Day 2- Hike at Livadia, Lethra Beach & Mikro Chorio
- Today you'll hike 7.5 kilometers of rugged trails, starting in the picturesque seaside village of Livadia and working your way along the coastline past serene white and red beaches to Lethra.
- This forested paradise is where you beging climbing to Mikro Chorio, a deserted village with only goats and abandoned houses as inhabitants, and a single bar for visitors to top up their courage before strolling through this ghost town.
- Return to Livadia and spend the rest of the day exploring independently
- Distance: 7,5 KM / Actual Hiking Duration : 3 hours.
- Overnight in Tilos (Breakfast included).
Day 3 - Hike at Livadia & Gera
- You'll begin again in quaint village of Livadia, this time hiking 8.5 kilometers along the jagged coastline towards the gulf and the main port of Tilos.
- Follow the trail along the ridge of the mountain slope, which once connected the port and the now abandoned village of Gera that looks over the Aegean, now home to a few abandoned houses and granaries.
- Continue along a riverbed lined with towering trees to reach the peak of your hike, enjoying panoramic views over the endless sea below before returning to Livadia.
- Distance: 8,5Km / Actual Hiking Duration:4 hours
- Overnight in Tilos (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 4- Hike at Megalo Chorio & Agios Antonios
- Start your 7.5 kilometer hike at Agios Panteleimonas, a 16th century monastery built by a sailor who survived a shipwreck thanks to a vision of Saint Panteleimon and erected the monastery in his honor.
- While building, he discovered a fountain that helped keep the monastery running on this precipitous slope covered in maple trees, and you'll begin your hike at the monastery itself.
- Continue on to Agior Antonios, the island's second port, where you'll look out over the nearby Nisiros before continuing to Meaglo Chorio, or the Big Village, that is now the capital of Tilos.
- Sitting under a medieval castle, the town overlooks the islands most famous and well-loved beach: Eristos.
- Take a boat ride to Halki, where you'll take a quick tour of its highlights before finishing for the day.
- Distance: 7,5Km / Actual Hiking Duration: 3 hours.
- Overnight in Halki(Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 5 - Hike Nimporios, Chorio & Pondamos Beach
- Take it easy with a 6.5 kilometer hike starting from Halki's main village, port, and capital of Nimporios.
- Leave the fertile valley to ascend to the medieval castle and village of Chorio, once the only settlement on the island, that was built around the fort and still stands with historic stone houses, although it's abandoned.
- On a clear day, you'll be able to see across the sparkling waters to Rhodes and even Karpathos and Tilos from this peak.
- Make your way back, stopping at the serene Pondamos beach for a quick swim and lunch at a seaside taverna.
- Distance: 6,5 Km / Actual Hiking Duration: 3 hours
- Overnight in Halki (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 6 - Alimia Tour & Hike
- Leave the port of Halki for Alimia, a deserted island that was declared a protected settlement in the 1970's, arriving in the bay where the capital once stood before hiking to see the hidden and untouched treasures.
- Uninhabited since WWII, wander the forgotten trails of this city that was used in Hellenistic times as a port and observatory for the Rhodian navy.
- Explore a tower from the Hellenistic period and used to construct a medieval castle by the Knights of Saint John in the 15th century.
- Spend the rest of your time on the island on a beach next to the island's second largest bay, enjoying a barbecue lunch and free time to swim in the crystalline waters before returning back to Halki in the early afternoon.
- Distance: 6 Km / Actual Hiking Duration: 2,5 hours
- Overnight in Halki (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 7 - Sea Kayaking & Medieval Town
- Today you'll be leaving Halki for Rhodes, the largest of the Dodecanese islands, where you'll check into your hotel and take a quick rest before setting out for a kayaking tour.
- Paddle along the sparkling waters, discovering hidden caves and swimming through the bay, seeing Rhodes from a new perspective.
- Your guide will tell you stories of the area as you glide past islets and towering rock formations on your way to Anthony Quinn's bay for some snorkeling, and Traounou beach for a picnic lunch on the shore.
- You'll paddle back to take a walking tour of Rhodes' medieval town, a UNESCO World Heritage Monument filled with historic sites and sights, winding cobblestone alleys, and magnificent architecture.
- Distance: 6 N.Miles / Actual Paddling Duration: 2,5 hours.
- Overnight in Rhodes town (Breakfast and lunch included).
Day 8 - Full Day Sea Kayaking in Lindos
- Drive through the scenic countryside of Rhodes to reach Vlicha Beach on the eastern side of the island, next to picturesque Lindos and where you'll begin another day of kayaking.
- Explore another side of the island, often unexplored, while marveling at the diverse natural beauty from the water.
- You'll enjoy a traditional local meal at a seaside taverna, enjoying the views of the whitewashed village, before you stroll through the quaint alleys of the city to reach Athena's Temple.
- You'll learn the history of this magnificent monument before continuing on to Saint Paul's, an area known for its singular beauty and untouched nature, as well as its castle views.
- End your perfect day with a farewell dinner.
- Distance: 9 N.Miles / Actual Paddling Duration: 4 hours.
- Overnight in Rhodes town (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included).
Day 9 - Departure
- On your last day, you'll be transferred to the airport.
NB - all timings on Island Hopping 9 Day Package Tour from Rhodes are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Island Hopping 9 Day Package Tour from Rhodes, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Rhodes Airport
8 Nights accommodation with breakfast in boutique hotels
Fully guided tour
Boat tickets (Rhodes-Tilos, Tilos-Halki & Halki- Rhodes)
All local transfers necessary for the operation of the trip
Half Board: Daily breakfast (day 2-9), daily lunch (day 2-8), 2 dinners (day 1 & 8)
2 sea kayaking activities
Entrance fees to the archaeological site of Lindos
Day excursion to the deserted island of Alimia
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Second pair of shoes
3 nights in Tilos: Hotel Ilidi Rock, or similar 2 nights in Halki: Hotel Aretanassa, or similar 2 nights in Rhodes Town: Hotel Elakati Boutique, or similar
NB: Please note that hotels are subject on availability and can change
Related Tours and Experiences
10 Day Secrets of Greek Food & Wine Tour PackageGreece | 10 days package From $1,345 Per Person
Achilleion, Kanoni & Corfu Town Private TourGreece | 4 hours tour From $719 Per Person
The Ultimate Greek Journey – Athens, Santorini & Mykonos Package Tour – 10 DaysGreece | 8 days package From $939 Per Person
Journey through the Secrets of Ancient Greece – 9 Day Tour PackageGreece | 9 days package From $950 Per Person
Paleokastritsa Monastery, Kanoni & Corfu Town TourGreece | 4 hours tour From $689 Per Person
Santorini Wine Roads Sunset TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Craft Beer & Spirits Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 4 hours tour From $119 Per Person
Greek Food & Wine Tasting Tour in SantoriniGreece | 5 hours tour From $209 Per Person
Santorini Insider TourGreece | 5 hours tour From $189 Per Person
Santorini Cooking Class & Tasting ExperienceGreece | 5 hours tour From $215 Per Person