Private Insider Naples City Tour Highlights
01Take an intimate tour with only 12 travelers for a day
02Explore the city with licensed local guides versed in Neapolitan history
03Visit the stunning Cattedrale di San Gennaro
04Uncover insider stories and must-see highlights of Naples
Why we chose this tourOur Private Insider Naples City Tour is a personalized tour that whisks you through southern Italy's largest city to explore its authentic grit and historic charms with a comprehensive walk through the city's every corner. Flexible and customizable, you'll see all of the best spots for iconic pizza, ancient architecture, and charming churches. This tour is available every day.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Private Insider Naples City Tour Itinerary
9:30 - Pickup from Naples
- Meet your guide at a centralized location in Naples.
Guided Tour of Naples
- This flexible and intimate tour, offering you the chance to request certain sites or skip others, begins in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Naples' Old Town.
- Head out to the pizza-scented and bustling streets of Napoli to start your discovery of its modern and historic treasures that make it such a fascinating destination.
- See treasures like the Piazza del Plebiscito, a sweeping square covered with ornate churches and ringed by the Church of San Franceso di Paola and the Royal Palace.
- Built in the 17th century by the Spaniards living here, the Renaissance architecture of the Royal Palace of Naples mixes beautifully with a blend of different designs and the lush grid-pattern garden on the grounds.
- Refresh yourself at Gambrinus, the oldest bar in the city dripping with elegance, and then stroll through the historic center to admire its many churches, tantalizing trattorias, and shopping.
- Continue down Via Toledo, an ancient city street that today is a constantly bustling mix of luxury boutiques and local stores before diving into the authenticity of the Spanish Quarters.
- Originally a Spanish garrison, this busy and colorful area houses a large portion of the city's immigrants as well as entrances to the underground tunnels and catacombs.
- Learn more about daily life in Naples with a visit to Pignasecca Market, the city's oldest street market that sells everything from designer knock-offs to fresh produce with dirt still hanging from its roots.
- See the city's oldest wall in Bellini Square, a vibrant area whose many bars come to life at night, and see the stunning Duomo Napoli that was built in 1272 and boasts a breathtaking neo-Gothic façade.
- After, make your way to Gesù Nuovo Church, one of the city's most famous and formerly an exquisite palace, and the complex of Santa Chiara that houses a monastery, tombs, and an archaeological museum.
- Santa Chiara is a stunning escape from the city, covered with elaborate decorations and permeated with peace..
- Your last big stop of the day is the 11th century Pietrasanta Bell Tower, reopened in 2007 and sitting on a holy stone inscribed with a cross, and decorated with pieces of Roman architecture and boasting a Baroque basilica you won't want to miss.
- End your tour the way the locals end their day with a scenic stroll past the Bay of Napoli and then return to your hotel to rest, or continue to discover this captivating city.
14:30 - Drop off at Naples
- The tour will end in the historical center of Naples
NB - all timings on Private Insider Naples City Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Private Insider Naples City Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Fully guided tour with a licensed, local tour guide
1 Cornicello (Neapolitan talisman horn "Little Red Horn")/ Coffee
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class with a Local in VeniceItaly | 3 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Milan Countryside and Wine Tasting TourItaly | 6 hour tour From $279 Per Person
Polignano a Mare Stand Up Paddle ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Otranto Coast Boat TourItaly | 4 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Homemade Orecchiette Cooking Class in ConversanoItaly | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Mozzarella Tasting Tour in Martina Franca or ConversanoItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Martina Franca Wine Tasting ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Monopoli City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $57 Per Person
Polignano A Mare Sea Caves Boat TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Ostuni City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $50 Per Person