1Discover the most famous landmarks of Istanbul in one day while diving into the city's rich history with your local guide
2Explore the breathtaking mosques of Istanbul, marveling at the intricate mosaics, fantastical architecture, and awe-inspiring beauty
3Walk through the famous Fener district and explore the neighborhood of Balat, the former Jewish quarter
4See the main residence and administrative headquarters of the Ottoman sultans - the Topkapi Palace
Why we chose this tourOur Insider Istanbul Old City Tour gives you the chance to see Istanbul in a new way while seeing the best that the city has to offer, from marvelous mosques to labyrinthine hidden neighborhoods. Your tour begins at the world-famous Hagia Sophia, moving to the beautiful Blue Mosque and the ancient Hippodrome and Egyptian Obelisk that stand proudly on the grounds. Wander the cobblestone alleys of the Fener and Balat district, admiring the colorful Ottoman homes and experiencing a more authentic view of Istanbul. Your next stop is the amazing Topkapi Palace, a historically important and visually impressive historical administrative seat. Your day ends at the Grand Bazaar with its myriad good for sale, from local spices to handcrafted works of art. Our Insider Istanbul Old City Tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Insider Istanbul Old City Tour
8:15-8:45 - Pickup from Istanbul
- We will pick you up from centralized pick up locations in the Old City (Sultanahmet) area and Taksim area.
Guided tour of Istanbul
- Your tour will start with a visit of the glorious Hagia Sophia and her famous minarets: a must-see for every visitor to Istanbul.
- From there you will continue onto other key landmarks, such as the stunning Blue Mosque with its detailed tile mosaics, the Hippodrome that was used for ancient chariot races, and the Egyptian Obelisk.
- Discover with your guide a hidden gem of Istanbul and take a walk through the colorful Fener and Balat district, giving you an authentic look at the real Istanbul of everyday life.
- Our next stop will be the Topkapi Palace, the administrative seat of the Ottoman Empire for nearly 400 years, and an architectural marvel both inside and out.
- The last stop of the day will be the famous and buzzing Grand Bazaar, where you can peruse a dizzying array of spices, glass lanterns, and many more treasures.
- Please note, on Monday the tour heads to the Yerbatan Cistern instead of Hagia Sophia, the Tokapi Palace is closed Tuesday, the Blue Mosque is closed to entry Friday, and the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
17:30 Drop off in Istanbul
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Insider Istanbul Old City Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Insider Istanbul Old City Tour as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.