Insider Hyderabad Private City Tour Highlights
01See a more authentic side of Hyderabad's culture and history
02Plomb history at the Salarjung Museum and Golconda Fort
03Marvel at the exquisite architecture of the Qutub Shahi Tombs
04Uncover ancient life at Choumahalla, once run by 7,000 attendants
Why we chose this tourOur Insider Hyderabad City Tour shows you the monuments, memorials, and museums of historic Hyderabad with a local guide to tell you the stories and secrets of its ancient streets. You'll marvel at architecture, learn about giants long dead, and marvel at the complex culture that makes this city unique. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Insider Hyderabad Private City Tour Itinerary
8:00 am - Pickup from Hyderabad
- You will be picked up from hotels in central Hyderabad.
Guided tour of Hyderabad City
- You'll be collected from your Hyderabad hotel in the morning, leaving for the Golconda Fort just outside the city.
- Build in 1143 CE, it began as a mud fort and was fortified multiple times, making it one of the greatest hill fortresses in all of India and the principal palace of both the Bahmani Sultans and Qutub Shahi Dynasty.
- Your guide will bring the fascinating and complex history of this area to life with stories and legends, explaining how it was so instrumental in the shaping of modern India.
- The next stop is the Qutub Shahi Tombs, erected as a memorial to Golconda's ancient kings and decorated with arches, minarets, columns, and vast galleries.
- Take a stroll in the verdant gardens of Ibrahim Bagh, and learn about how these revered tombs were so sacred that criminals were pardoned when taking refuge behind its walls.
- Continue to Choumalla Palace, once home to the richest people in the world, the Nizams, and learn more about their personal and political history.
- You'll marvel at the flowing fountain, vintage cars, opulent chandeliers, intricate carvings, and the grand durbar hall, all of which was once tended by 7,000 servants.
- Dive into the deeper past with a visit to Salarjuhg, home to the world's largest man-made stone art collection, pulled together over 35 years by Nawab Mir Yusuf Ali Khan Salar Jung III, a former Prime Minister.
- Pieces range from the 2nd century BCE to the early 20th century CE, and come in a variety of styles, from Greek, Roman, Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, Christian, and Islamic artists.
- The last stop is Charminar, a monument from 1591 that is a beloved symbol of Hyderabad, built by the 5th sultan of the Qutub Shahi dynasty to celebrate the end of a deadly plague, and you'll learn about secret escape tunnels that lead here.
4:00 pm - Drop off in Hyderabad
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Insider Hyderabad Private City Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Insider Hyderabad Private City Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from your hotel
Fully guided tour
Indian vegetarian lunch
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Related Tours and Experiences
Culture of Chennai 5 Day Tour PackageIndia | 5 days package From $579 Per Person
Architecture & Culture of Mumbai 5 Day Tour PackageIndia | 5 days package From $569 Per Person
Old Delhi Night Food WalkIndia | 5 hours tour From $79 Per Person
Breakfast Trail in Old DelhiIndia | 5 hours tour From $69 Per Person
3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from KochiIndia | 3 days package From $389 Per Person
Sultans Legacy & Wildlife of Bidar 2 Day Private Tour from HyderabadIndia | 2 days package From $329 Per Person
2 Day Yoga and Spirituality Private Tour in Rishikesh from New DelhiIndia | 2 days package From $369 Per Person
Ecology & Culture of Munnar 5 Day Private Tour from KochiIndia | 5 days package From $774 Per Person
5 Day Best of Rajasthan Private Package Tour Including Taj Mahal from New DelhiIndia | 5 days package From $1,579 Per Person
Taj Mahal & Wonders of Agra Tour from New DelhiIndia | 12 hours tour From $239 Per Person