Insider Fez Private City Tour Highlights
01Explore traditional souks, including Attarine Souk, one of the liveliest in Fez
02Visiting one of the oldest and largest tanneries in Fez
03View ancient Medersas (Koranic schools) and the world’s oldest university
04Wander the old medina and see its famous Bab Boujloud gateway
05Tour the Jewish Quarter and see The Kings Palace
06Enjoy a panoramic view of the medina and valley from the Merinid Tombs
07Explore the ramparts of the city
Why we chose this tourOur Insider Fez Private City tour is an action-packed, all-day tour that will take you all over Fez to areas of the city that other tours don’t visit. Your private group will see all the highlights of the famous Medina and explore traditional tanneries and souks. But you’ll also visit Fez’s second medina, the Jewish Quarter, the city rampart’s, and even head outside of the city to the Merinid Tombs and Borj Nord Armory. With this fully-loaded itinerary, our hand-picked, local guides will help you discover as much of Fez as possible. The tour is available every day.
Really get to know Fez on this fully-guided walking tour that will take you to all corners of this sprawling city and beyond. History buffs will love the ancient schools, universities, city walls, and mosques, while art lovers will enjoy the authentic Moroccan architecture and artifacts on display. People-watchers and shoppers can get their fill at the busy souks and tanneries and any royalty fans can visit not one but two royal residences. Since this is a private tour, talk to your expert guide, let them know which part of the itinerary appeals most to you, and then linger over the sights and experiences you’re most interested in. Or visit them all to take in everything Morocco’s oldest imperial city has to offer.
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Insider Fez Private City Tour Itinerary
9:30 - Pickup from Fez
- You will be picked up from your hotel or riad in Fez
Guided Tour of Fez
- Begin your fully guided tour of the old medina. One of the world’s largest walled-in and completely car-free cities. You will explore the narrow streets lined with fresh fruit, mounds of spices, intricately woven Berber carpets, and other artisanal objects unique to Morocco.
- See Bab Boujloud, the main gateway to the old city with its ornate green and blue ceramic decoration.
- You will visit ancient Mosques including the Andalusian Mosque dating back to 860 and the Quaraouiyine Mosque founded in 859 by Fatima el Fihri and named the oldest university in the world.
- See beautiful Moroccan architecture and fountains, including the oldest one in Fez, the Nejjarine fountain.
- Visit Medersas (Koranic schools) founded as early as the 13th century.
- Visit the former Royal Residence, Batha Palace, now a museum housing some of the oldest historical art and artifacts in Fez.
- Go to the Chouwara Tannery, the largest and one of the oldest of Fez’s world-famous tanneries. Watch the craftsmen at work using techniques perfected hundreds of years ago.
- Wander around the traditional souks, including Souk Attarine, one of the liveliest in the city.
- Explore Mellah, the Jewish Quarter of Fez and its 17th century Ibn Danan synagogue,
- Admire the imposing entranceway and ornate 20th-century gates of Dar al-Makhzen, The Kings Palace.
- Explore the ramparts of Fez, the defensive walls built to defend and protect the city. See the combination of styles and designs at work where the walls were built, destroyed, and rebuilt across various eras of Fez’s history.
- Visit the 14th-Century Merinid Tombs. Located on a hill overlooking Fez the site of the ruins offers a spectacular panoramic view over Fez, the valley, and the mountains.
- Visit Borj Nord Arms Museum for a glance at an astounding collection of weaponry housed inside an old fortress offering wonderful views over fez and the valley. - please note the entrance to the armory is dependant upon the time and day of the week.
16:30 - Drop off at Fez
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Insider Fez Private City Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Middle Atlas Tour from FezMorocco | 7 hours tour From $56 Per Group
Chefchaouen Tour from FezMorocco | 12 hours tour From $59 Per Group
Essaouira Private Tour & Surf Experience from MarrakeshMorocco | 8 hours tour From $185 Per Group
Insider Chefchaouen Private City TourMorocco | 4 hours tour From $55 Per Group
Fez Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 12 hours tour From $99 Per Group
Rabat Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 9 hours tour From $85 Per Group
El Jadida Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 9 hours tour From $85 Per Group
Insider Casablanca Private City TourMorocco | 5 hours tour From $60 Per Group
Marrakech Private Tour from CasablancaMorocco | 12 hours tour From $85 Per Group
Atlas Mountains, Aït BenHaddou, Valley of the Roses & Dades Valley 3 Day Private Tour PackageMorocco | 2 days tour From $339 Per Group