Imlil & Aroumd Berber Village Private Tour from Marrakesh Highlights
1Take a mule ride through the hills, perfect for families and adventurers
2Enjoy an authentic Berber lunch on a charming Auberge rooftop
3Spend the morning crossing the rolling Agafay Desert
4Discover the villages of Imlil and Aroumd before beginning your trek
Why we chose this tourOur Imlil and Aroumd Berber Village Tour from Marrakesh is perfect for families and groups looking to learn more about the Berber culture and see more of Morocco's charming countryside with the expertise of a local guide. You'll taste traditional flavors, enjoy panoramic outlooks, meet villagers across the countryside, and leave with unforgettable memories. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Imlil & Aroumd Berber Village Private Tour from Marrakesh Itinerary
8:00 - Pickup from Marrakesh
- You will be picked up from any hotel or Riad in the center of Marrakesh.
Guided Tour of Imlil & Aroumd Village
- The day of exploring the High Atlas Mountains and the rolling foothills that surround them starts with a private departure from the city across the expansive Agafay Desert.
- Enjoy the scenic landscape of the Agafay Desert, gazing across the open horizon and riding over the dune-shaped hills across the landscape.
- Continue to the Lalla Takerkoust Dam to enjoy panoramic views of the lake below, the cliffside village of Aguergour, and pass over the Kik Plateau to reach the isolated valley that leads to Imlil.
- Once you've reached the village, continue on a mule and by foot to discover various views of the Imlil Valley below you, winding through groves of walnut, cherry, and apple trees that dot the region.
- Finish at the the peak of Aroumd, where you'll reach a local auberge for a traditional tajine lunch, enjoying your feast on the terrace of the village's highest inn.
- Explore this enchanting Berber village, admiring the stone-cut streets and stunning buildings as you greet the locals and learn more about their culture.
- After your unforgettable experience, return back to Marrakesh along the road of Asni and Tahanahoute, keeping an eye out for the snow that adorns the peaks of the Atlas Mountains.
18:00 - Drop off at Marrakesh
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Imlil & Aroumd Berber Village Private Tour from Marrakesh are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Imlil & Aroumd Berber Village Private Tour from Marrakesh, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Marrakesh in a Toyota Land Cruiser 4×4 A/C with English or French Speaking driver
English speaking local guide
One mule per person to reach the lunch venue - If you don’t feel comfortable on a mule, you can walk. Just keep in mind that the trail to get to the restaurant is a bit steep.
Lunch on a terrace surrounded by mountains
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Closed walking shoes
Comfortable clothes. Jacket in the winter
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Please wear modest clothing to respect the Berber culture. Please try to avoid shorts and skirts
Vegetarian / Vegan lunch is available, on request
Our very qualified guide will be happy to adjust the pace of this excursion to match the needs of your party
It is a family-friendly tour
Minimum age recommended: 7 years old
Baby car seat or booster are available on request (following availability), no extra charge.