Highlights of Rome Walking Tour Highlights
01Hit all of Rome's must-sees, like the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and Vatican Museums
02Learn about the city's ancient history and artistic heritage
03Discover the secrets of the Sistine Chapel and gain exclusive direct access to St. Peter's Basilica
04Skip lines at some of Rome's busiest attractions
Why we chose this tourOur Highlights of Rome Walking Tour is the original ultimate Rome tour, putting you in the hands of an expert local guide to visit every corner of the Eternal city and learn the legends and history of its ancient streets. Jump to the front of a number of lines, exploring the art, ruins, and atmosphere of this famous city. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
The Highlights of Rome Walking tour is designed to help you see all the most iconic sites in one jam-packed day. Starting at the Colosseum, you’ll enjoy a guided tour of Rome’s icon and the Roman Forum archaeological site while learning about the city’s storied past. You’ll see Trevi Fountain and enjoy the ambiance in beautiful Piazza Navona. After a lunch break, you’ll head to the Vatican to soak in one of the most eye-popping collections of art on the planet, and get the inside scoop on the legendary Sistine Chapel. The tour finishes in St. Peter’s Basilica, where you will be able to stay once the tour is ended. You will enjoy quick pass access at every site, skipping the lines, and getting exclusive access thanks to your expert guide. There is no better way to see Rome in a day!
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Highlights of Rome Walking Tour Itinerary
8:45 - Pickup from Rome
- Meet your local guide at a centralized location in Rome near the Vatican- Please be there 15 minutes before the tour starts
Guided Tour of Rome
- Dive into Rome's past and present with an intimate tour group and an experienced guide to let you in on local legends and secrets.
- After meeting with your group and guide, head to the Vatican to explore its collection of works spanning from Greek and Roman sculptures to Renaissance masters like Perugino, Giotto, Raphael, and Michelangelo.
- Marvel at the breathtaking Sistine Chapel, the world's most famous frescoed ceiling, as your guide helps you tell facts from fiction about Michelangelo's legendary work of art.
- Enjoy exclusive access to St. Peter’s Basilica directly from the Sistine Chapel, where you will see and learn the story of the important works by Michelangelo and Bernini inside.
- After some free time for lunch meet again with your group and head to the next highlight of Rome - the Colosseum.
- Skip the lines at the Colosseum to walk through the majestic Gladiator's Gate, walking across the arena floor as the fighters of old did while learning about the history and legends of this remarkable structure and the events that took place there.
- Enter the Roman Forum archaeological site, and learn about the founding of Rome and the history of the Roman Empire.
- Stop at the Trevi Fountain, the largest baroque fountain in the world where it's traditional to toss in 3 coins when you visit.
- Next, you'll head to the Pantheon, the Pagan temple built to honor the Gods over 2,000 years ago. Learn its legends and why it's the most immaculately preserved Roman ruin in the city.
- Walk through Piazza Navona, the city's most beautiful square, and admire the work of buskers and artists that line the plaza. Make a wish in Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers while marveling at its intricate beauty.
- Your tour will conclude here.
17:30 - Drop off at Rome
- The tour ends at Piazza Navona
If you have any questions about our Highlights of Rome Walking Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Private Cooking Class with a Local in VeniceItaly | 3 hour tour From $159 Per Person
Milan Countryside and Wine Tasting TourItaly | 6 hour tour From $279 Per Person
Polignano a Mare Stand Up Paddle ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Otranto Coast Boat TourItaly | 4 hour tour From $105 Per Person
Homemade Orecchiette Cooking Class in ConversanoItaly | 3 hour tour From $99 Per Person
Mozzarella Tasting Tour in Martina Franca or ConversanoItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $89 Per Person
Martina Franca Wine Tasting ExperienceItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $40 Per Person
Insider Monopoli City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $57 Per Person
Polignano A Mare Sea Caves Boat TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $39 Per Person
Insider Ostuni City TourItaly | 1.5 hour tour From $50 Per Person