Highlights of Rome Walking Tour Highlights
1Hit all of Rome's must-sees, like the Colosseum and Vatican Museums
2Learn about the city's ancient history and artistic heritage
3Discover the secrets of the Sistine Chapel
4Skip lines at some of Rome's busiest attractions, like the Basilica
Why we chose this tourOur Highlights of Rome Walking Tour is the original ultimate Rome tour, putting you in the hands of an expert local guide to visit every corner of the Eternal city and learn the legends and history of its ancient streets. Jump to the front of a number of lines, exploring the art, ruins, and atmosphere of this famous city. This tour is available every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with seasonal variations and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Highlights of Rome Walking Tour Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Rome
- You will be picked up from a centralized location in Rome. Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time.
Guided Tour of Rome
- Meet your guide at Piazza Navona, ready to dive into Rome's past and present with an intimate tour group and an experienced guide to let you in on local legends and secrets.
- Wander across the city's most beautiful square as you admire the work of buskers and artists that line the plaza and then go make a wish in Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers while marveling at its intricate beauty.
- Continue to the Pantheon, one of the world's foremost architectural wonders that was erected nearly 2,000 years ago as a pagan temple to worship local deities.
- If you haven't used up all of your wishes yet, never fear!
- Stop at the Trevi Fountain, the largest baroque fountain in the world where it's traditional to toss in 3 coins when you visit.
- Head to the Colosseum and Trajan's Column to admire more ancient monuments and the serpentine bas-relief that commemorates Hadrian's victory in Dacia with a number of illustrated tales crawling across the marble and see the Roman Forum archaeological site to learn about Caput Mundi's decline.
- Skip the lines at the Colosseum to walk through the majestic Gladiator's Gate, walking across the arena floor as the fighters of old did, walking all of its levels and exploring on your own.
- Enjoy a quick lunch before meeting the group back at the Vatican to skip another line and explore the Vatican Museum's collection of works from masters like Perugino, Giotto, Raphael, and Michaelangelo.
- Marvel at the Sistine Chapel before walking St Peter's Square and learning about how the Vatican and Swiss Guard were founded.
- You can also explore on your own after the tour, jumping to the front of the liens to see the Basilica, Pieta, Dome, and Baldacchino to wrap up your tour of Rome.
16:00 - Drop off at Rome
- The tour ends at Saint Peter's Square
NB - all timings on Highlights of Rome Walking Tour are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Highlights of Rome Walking Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Fully guided tour
Entrance fees (approx. $60)
Skip the line entrance: Colosseum, Vatican, St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel
Lunch & drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Around religious holidays at the Vatican, areas may be closed and certain stops will not be possible. Accessible areas will have longer visits and no refunds will be given.
Everyone must pass through security to enter the Vatican, which can take up to 30 minutes on busy days.
Please dress modestly, covering your shoulders and knees; refunds will not be given is entry is refused to inappropriate dress. Weapons and sharp objects are not allowed.