Highlights of Costa Rica 9 Day Package Tour – Arenal – Monteverde- Manuel Antonio Highlights
1Discover the beauty of San Jose with your local guide, discovering hidden corners of this historic town
2Take a day to relax on a fun luxury Catamaran cruise next to the Manuel Antonio Park
3Explore the fascinating fauna and flora of Costa Rica, from monkeys in the rainforest to colorful fish in the glittering Pacific
4Relax at the hot springs of Arenal, the largest natural hot springs in the world
Why we chose this tourOur Highlights of Costa Rica 9 Day Package Tour - Arenal - Monteverde- Manuel Antonio offers you an intimate tour that dives into the natural splendor and incredible biodiversity of this beautiful country, taking you from cities to countryside, from sparkling waters to dense rainforests. With the help of expert local guides, you'll see the hidden side of this stunning place, learning about the flora and fauna that inhabit this magical land. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Sizes
Highlights of Costa Rica 9 Day Package Tour – Arenal – Monteverde- Manuel Antonio Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival
- Your arrival to this stunning and diverse country begins with luxury transport the Crowne Plaza Corobicí in downtown San Jose next to La Sabana, the largest urban park in the country, and equipped with a casino, indoor and outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and spacious rooms.
- The first evening will be spent relaxing and refreshing before a welcome dinner and a good night's sleep before you begin exploring!
- Overnight in San Jose(Dinner included).
Day 2 - La Fortuna de San Carlos and Arenal Volcano
- Your first day begins with a breakfast before you head into the verdant forests on your way to the Arenal Volcano with a stop at the animal sanctuary at the La Paz Waterfall Gardens, where over 100 native species are housed.
- You'll get to see cougars and tigers along with Costan Rican reptiles and amphibians before you take a pastoral walk to 3 different and stunning waterfalls in the picturesque town of Vara Blanca, with a traditional buffet lunch to top up your energy.
- On a winding and scenic drive to La Fortuna de San Carlos, you'll make a stop at your hotel at the foot of the Arenal Volcano to drop off your things before heading into town for an authentic taste of Costa Rican cuisine.
- Overnight in La Fortuna(Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included).
Day 3 - Arenal and Baldi Hot Springs
- After rising with the sun for a delicious breakfast, you'll be on your own to enjoy the morning and early afternoon to explore some of the many activities in the area, from hikes to horseback rides, before you leave as a group to visit the world's largest hot springs.
- The Baldi Hot Springs, on the slopes of the Arenal Volcano, has 22 natural pools for you to indulge in before a buffet dinner out in the open air of this stunning scenery before you end your exciting day at the hotel for some much-needed rest and relaxation.
- Overnight in La Fortuna(Breakfast and dinner included).
Day 4 - Coffee, Chocolate and Sugar Cane Tour in the Monteverde Nature Reserve
- After breakfast in La Fortuna, you'll be on your way to the Monteverde region, an intoxicatingly beautiful and untouched area that houses a huge array of native species, from dazzling orchids to the illustrious quetzal with its flowing tail.
- Along the way, you'll stop at the Don Juan house, a family-owned farm and production center where you'll get to take a tour to learn more about how coffee, sugar cane, and chocolate are traditionally raised and harvested before you enjoy a delicious buffet lunch.
- The last stop of the day is Santa Elena, located in the foothills of Monteverde and close to the Cloud Forest Biological Reserve in the area, where you'll check into your hotel before a dinner in town.
- Overnight in Santa Elena(Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included).
Day 5 - Ziplining or Walk the Hanging Bridges at Monteverde Nature Reserve
- Today you'll be heading to Selvatura Park, one of the best parks in the area and the perfect place to explore the rainforest from top to bottom, hanging out in the canopies on suspension bridges or flying through the forest on zip lines.
- Choose how you'd rather explore this verdant and dense forest with the help of an expert local guide before heading off to adventure!
- At the end of your wild morning, you'll head back to Santa Elena for a tasty lunch before heading back to the hotel to relax and enjoy an a la carte meal at the hotel.
- Overnight in Santa Elena(Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included).
Day 6 - Manuel Antonio
- You'll have a delicious breakfast before you say goodbye to the towering mountains of Monteverde and wind your way to the Pacific Coast and the pristine beach of Manuel Antonio.
- Along the way, you'll make a stop at river Tárcoles to take a look at the many crocodiles that call this river home before you arrive in Quepos, a seaside town covered in impressive mangroves, sandy stretches of beach, and dense rainforests.
- You'll grab some lunch before check in and free time to unwind, and you'll end your day with a sunset viewing from the Mirador Restaurant over the Pacific Ocean.
- Overnight in Quepos(Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included).
Day 7 - Catamaran Tour in Manuel Antonio
- You'll awake in the seaside paradise of Manuel Antonio, taking a leisurely breakfast before heading out on a luxury Catamaran tour that will cruise the sparkling Pacific for the whole day.
- The opulent Catamaran is equipped with all you'll need for snorkeling, recreational slides, trampolines, and a full bar!
- You'll spend the day lounging and playing, having lunch on the Catamaran, before heading back to the hotel for a restful dinner.
- Overnight in Manuel Antonio(Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included).
Day 8 - San Jose
- Your final full day starts with a scenic drive back to San José, stopping along the way for a buffet lunch before you get into the city for a walking tour through the historic capital.
- Your tour will take you to the impressive national museum, wander along wide avenues, and visit a historic market that's stood since the 1800's.
- After a long day of seeing the country, you'll check into the hotel for a quick rest before your farewell dinner.
- Overnight in San José(Breakfast, lunch, and dinner included).
Day 9 - Departure
- After your final breakfast, you'll be transported to Santamaria Airport by luxury shuttle and say your final goodbyes!
NB - all timings on Highlights of Costa Rica 9 Day Package Tour – Arenal – Monteverde- Manuel Antonio are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Highlights of Costa Rica 9 Day Package Tour – Arenal – Monteverde- Manuel Antonio, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
All transportation in a modern vehicle
Licensed, local tour guide
Government and hotel taxes
Travel kit and souvenir of your visit in Costa Rica
Bottled water during the trip
Meals not mentioned
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Swimwear and towel
Comfortable clothes according to the season
The rate is based on 2 people sharing a double/twin room
Hotels: San José: Crown Plaza Hotel, Holiday Inn Aurola, Park Inn by Radisson. La Fortuna: Montaña de Fuego Hotel, Manoa Hotel, Volcano Lodge Hotel. Manuel Antonio: Espadilla Hotel, Parador Hotel, Costa Verde Hotel.
Please note that the hotels are subject to availability and can be changed