Highlights of Bilbao 6 Day Tour Package Highlights
1Take a tasting tour of regional pintxos and potes in the Old Town
2Tour the region with different local specialist guides for every experience
3Bike across the city's many sweeping avenues to discover its history
4Select a hotel from our curated selection of boutique stays
5Head into the countryside for a vineyard tour and Txakoli tasting
6Enjoy a free day in Bilbao to dive into whatever piques your interest
Why we chose this tourOur Highlights of Bilbao 6 Day Tour Package dives into the history of the city, from sprawling monuments to hidden quarters of Bilbao, taking you across the city's twisting streets and into the vineyards that line the countryside just outside of the bustling metropolis, and giving you a taste of local specialties like pintxos, potes, and txakoli wine. Visit Casco Viejo, a family-run boutique wine estate, hidden gems of beautiful Bilbao, the Bidebarrieta Biblioteca, the old market, the Catedral de Santiago, and the Church of Saint Anton. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Highlights of Bilbao 6 Day Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 - Arrival in Bilbao
- Arrive in Bilbao and make your way to your hotel, spending the evening resting or exploring the city.
- Overnight in Bilbao.
Day 2 - Bilbao Old City & Food Tasting Tour
- Dive into the more real side of Bilbao with a tasting tour that starts in Casco Viejo, the city's old town and a more authentic quarter.
- The seven streets that cross this area are Somera, Artecalle, Tendería, Belosticalle, Carnicería Vieja, Barrencalle and Barrencalle Barrena.
- They're all famous and lined with historic buildings, upscale restaurants, and the city's most lively bars, populated by locals.
- Hop from bar to bar with your gastronomic local guide, tasting pintxos paired with regional wines or the singular Txakoli produced here.
- Learn about Bilbao's storied history as you taste the best this region has to offer in Basque cuisine, and ask your guide for more recommendations after the tour ends!
- Overnight in Bilbao (4 Pintxo-Pote, a tapa, and drink, included).
Day 3 - Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour
- Return to the Casco Viejo for another walking and tasting tour, this time focusing on Txakoli, a white wine only produced in this region.
- Stroll the pedestrian avenues to discover the Catedral de Santiago, the Church of Saint Anton, the old market, and the Municipal Library of Bidebarrieta.
- You'll also pass by Plaza Nueva, the city's oldest square, which hosts everything from weekly art markets to special festivals.
- Leave Bilbao to visit a local vineyard, enjoying the rolling scenery and endless vistas on your journey exploring Txakoli's roots.
- Take a guided tour of the vineyard with an oenologist to see how the wine is grown, and learn about the smell, taste, and texture of this unique wine.
- Continue to the cellars to see how they combine traditional agriculture with innovative practices to produce the best possible vintages.
- End the day with a tasting of their wines with an expert sommelier, enjoying the varietals alongside pintxos from local farms.
- After the tasting, return to the Bilbao.
- Overnight in Bilbao (Wine tasting included).
Day 4 - Free Day in Bilbao
- With a free day in Bilbao, you have the whole day to explore whatever interests you, from visiting the Guggenheim for a day of art or the Zorrotzaurre, an artificial island that's home to a number of boutiques and creative enclaves.
- You can also stroll the river to see highlights like the Zubizuri Bridge, César Pelli’s monument, the Iberdrola Tower, and the San Mamés stadium that features an evening light show.
- Overnight in Bilbao.
Day 5 - Bilbao Bike Tour
- This tour is your chance to dive into the historic and modern architecture that lines the cities while getting in some leisurely exercise!
- With an expert guide pedaling by your side, discover the secrets and hidden stories of this fascinating city from a seafaring settlement to a modern metropolis.
- Perfectly laid out for a bike tour with its wide avenues and many bike lanes, you'll get to explore every inch of Bilbao.
- After hours of discovery, make your way to a local hidden gem to taste some final pintxos paired with regional wines.
- Overnight in Bilbao (Pintxos and drinks included).
Day 6 - Departure
- On the last day of your trip, we wish you safe travels on your future journey, no matter where it takes you!
NB - all timings on Highlights of Bilbao 6 Day Tour Package are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Highlights of Bilbao 6 Day Tour Package, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
All touring and accomodation
Tastings as mentioned above
Anything not mentioned above
Personal travel insurance
Each day will be led by an expert guide to provide an enhanced experience along Tourist Journey's values.
You can choose your hotel from our hand-picked selection during the booking process.
The order of the days might change because we optimize the itinerary to provide the best experience.
The minimum age required for the package is 18 years old due to the Txakoli Wine Tasting Tour.