Hanukkah in Jerusalem Evening Tour Highlights
01Enjoy the wintery atmosphere of Jerusalem at night as the picturesque city lights up to celebrate Hanukkah
02Experience the history of the iconic Festival of Light in real time with an expert local tour guide
03Tour the winding alleys of Nachlaot, one of Jerusalem’s oldest neighborhoods, with local residents’ Hanukkah candles lighting your way
04Taste a piece of local culture: try authentic Hanukkah donuts, Sufganiyot and Sfenj, fresh from the famous outdoor market Machane Yehuda
Why we chose this tourOur Hanukkah in Jerusalem Evening Tour is a unique opportunity to make memories on your upcoming trip to Israel while getting a glimpse of how locals celebrate this magical festival. You will experience the magic of Jerusalem in all its winter splendor. In 2022, Hanukkah overlaps with Christmas, and the Hanukkah in Jerusalem Evening Tour is available for two dates during the 8 day festival: on the evenings of the 22nd and 25th December in Jerusalem.
During the tour you will taste delicious traditional Hanukkah treats from Machane Yehuda, Jerusalem’s iconic outdoor shuk (marketplace). Then, take a journey through the charming alleyways of Jerusalem’s most interesting neighborhood, Nachlaot, with an expert guide, with local residents’ Hanukkah candles illuminating your way. End your tour by seeing Jerusalem’s biggest Christmas tree. This two hour tour is the perfect way to end a day in Jerusalem, which you can experience during this Jerusalem Highlights Day Tour. Make winter memories that last during your time in Israel and reserve your space now for this unforgettable cultural experience.
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
Hanukkah in Jerusalem Evening Tour Itinerary
17:00 - Pick up from Jerusalem
- Meet your guide at the Machane Yehuda Market
Guided Hanukkah Tour in Jerusalem
- First, you will explore the famous Machane Yehuda outdoor food market as the sun sets.
- You’ll get a taste of the local traditions by enjoying some Hanukkah donuts, Sufganiyot and Sfenj, which are baked fresh each day, from local vendors’ stalls in the marketplace.
- See the communal Hanukkah candle lighting ceremony in the heart of the marketplace.
- As it gets darker, your guide will take you on a journey through the winding alleyways of Nachlaot. A cross section of Orthodox Jews, young hipsters, and immigrants from all over the world, this is one of Jerusalem's oldest and most interesting neighborhoods.
- Enjoy learning about this Jewish Festival of Light in the heart of the city. See how the locals celebrate Hanukkah.
- Carry on through the picturesque Jerusalem city center and finish for a photo opportunity at the YMCA Christmas tree
19:30 - Drop off at Jerusalem
- The tour will end at the David Citadel Hotel in Jerusalem
If you have any questions about our Hanukkah in Jerusalem Evening Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Related Tours and Experiences
Christmas in Bethlehem and Jerusalem 2 Day TourIsrael | 2 days tour From $330 Per Person
Christmas Day Tour In and Around JerusalemIsrael | 9 hour tour From $109 Per Person
Christmas Eve in Bethlehem (and Jerusalem) Tour – Midnight MassIsrael | 14 hour tour From $129 Per Person
Jaffa and Neve Tzedek Walking Tour – Half DayIsrael | 2 hour tour From $38 Per Group
Old Jaffa Night TourIsrael | 3 hour tour From $379 Per Group
Tel Aviv Pub Crawl Nightlife TourIsrael | 3 hour tour From $25 Per Person
Caesarea, Wine Country, and Kibbutz Experience Private TourIsrael | 10 hour tour From $999 Per Group
Caesarea, Akko and Haifa TourIsrael | 12 hours From $99 Per Person
Flavors of the Galilee Private TourIsrael | 12 hour tour From $1,059 Per Group
Negev Desert and Bedouin Experience TourIsrael | 12 hour tour From $1,099 Per Group