Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Highlights
01Trek lava fields and rest at a local family farm with tropical treats
02Hike across suspended bridges on your way to the waterfall
03Swim the frothing waters of La Fortuna after your hike
04Experience 3 Arenal adventures on an intimate 8 person tour
Why we chose this tourOur Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal is limited to 8 travelers for a more intimate day of exploration, and uses a family-run tour operator that stops at a local farm for maximum authenticity. You'll dive into the geology and natural history of the area, enjoy unparalleled views of cinematic landscapes, and dive into the culture and beauty of Costa Rica. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- We hand-pick each tour and experience which we offer
- Led by a true local expert full of passion
- Hassle-free experience promise. We take care of everything so you just have to enjoy
- Great memories and the best stories guaranteed
- Easy booking, easy cancelation and best price guaranteed
- Small Group Size
Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Itinerary
7:00-7:30 - Pickup from La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in La Fortuna & Arenal.
- Meet your local guide in your hotel lobby before heading out into the forest itself for your first adventure of the day.
08:15 - Guided Tour of the Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall & Volcano Hike
- Hike across the Arenal Hanging Bridges, suspended high above 600 acres of protected area that highlights and protects the natural biodiversity of this area, including the world-famous sloths and orchids of Costa Rica.
- After your trek, make your way to a nearby home to taste some tropical fruits from the trees around and then drive to La Fortuna Waterfall.
- This 250-foot waterfall is breathtaking from the viewing platform, and as you descend the 498 steps to the pool that sits below it, you'll enjoy the scenic view from a number of levels that are sure to stun you.
- Be sure to ask your guide for some of the HD viewing equipment, like telescopes and binoculars, to take the most memorable photos on your trip.
- Take a swim in the crystalline pool if you like, and then make your way to a local family farm where a traditional Costa Rican lunch will be prepared using a wood stove, and you'll get to taste the world-renowned Costa Rican coffee.
- Savor your homemade casado, a mix of rice, beans, salads, picadillos, the meat of your choosing, and fried sweet plantain.
- After lunch, you'll head to the highlight of the day: the Arenal Volcano.
- Pass through the massive lava fields that surround the peak, and take a couple of hours to hike the ancient lava flows that surround the base and learn about this natural wonder.
- While you cannot hike to the peak, we promise you'll enjoy the views that surround you as you explore the rugged and barren terrain of this vast monument.
- Finish the hike and return to your hotel for an evening of some well-earned rest.
16:30 - Drop off at La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from La Fortuna
Fully guided tour
Costa Rican typical Lunch
Hotel pick up from Arenal can be booked extra
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes - A change of shoes and clothes may be also required if you plan to go for a swim to the refreshing waterfall!
Bathing suit & Towel
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Volcano Hike: 2-3km, slow pace suitable for all levels
Waterfall Hike: 520 steps down (usually takes 20 minutes on the way down and 25 on the way up)
The walk on the bridges goes at an easy pace so you can learn about the rainforest around you. The length of the tour on the longest trail is 2 miles and takes about 2 to 2.5 hours to complete
Hotel Zone 2 pick up Arenal: Tilajari, Chachagua Rainforest Lodge, Finca Luna Nueva, Heliconias Nature Lodge, Arenal Vista Lodge, Linda Vista del Norte, Arenal Observatory Lodge, Hotel El Castillo de Arenal, Arenal Lodge, Lost Iguana Resort, Tree Houses Javillos.
Hotel Zone 3 pick up Arenal: Rancho Margot, Los Heroes, La Mansion Inn, Tucano, Tierras Enamoradas, Ginger Bread, Ceiba Lodge.
The tour is available for all ages, although we believe it's more enjoyable for kids 4 years and older
Related Tours and Experiences
Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 10 hour tour From $189 Per Person
Peñas Blancas River Safari and La Fortuna Waterfall Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 7 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Horseback Riding in Arenal from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3 hour tour From $65 Per Person
La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 6 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Arenal Hanging Bridges and Chocolate Tasting Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 7 hour tour From $149 Per Person
Balsa River White Water Rafting from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 5 hour tour From $110 Per Person
Arenal Hanging Bridges Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3.5 hour tour From $75 Per Person
Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & ArenalCosta Rica | 3 hour tour From $69 Per Person
Sloth Experience and Hot Springs at Arenal Volcano from San JoséCosta Rica | 12 hour tour From $206 Per Person
Venado Caves Tour from San JoséCosta Rica | 12 hour tour From $165 Per Person