Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Highlights
1Trek lava fields and rest at a local family farm with tropical treats
2Hike across suspended bridges on your way to the waterfall
3Swim the frothing waters of La Fortuna after your hike
4Experience 3 Arenal adventures on an intimate 8 person tour
Why we chose this tourOur Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal is limited to 8 travelers for a more intimate day of exploration, and uses a family-run tour operator that stops at a local farm for maximum authenticity. You'll dive into the geology and natural history of the area, enjoy unparalleled views of cinematic landscapes, and dive into the culture and beauty of Costa Rica. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal Itinerary
7:00-7:30 - Pickup from La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in La Fortuna & Arenal.
Guided Tour of the Arenal Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall & Volcano Hike
- Meet your local guide in your hotel lobby before heading out into the forest itself for your first adventure of the day.
- Hike across the Arenal Hanging Bridges, suspended high above 600 acres of protected area that highlights and protects the natural biodiversity of this area, including the world-famous sloths and orchids of Costa Rica.
- After your trek, make your way to a nearby home to taste some tropical fruits from the trees around and then drive to La Fortuna Waterfall.
- This 250 foot waterfall is breathtaking from the viewing platform, and as you descend the 498 steps to the pool that sits below it, you'll enjoy the scenic view from a number of levels that are sure to stun you.
- Be sure to ask your guide for some of the HD viewing equipment, like telescopes and binoculars, to take the most memorable photos on your trip.
- Take a swim in the crystalline pool if you like, and then make your way to a local family farm where a traditional Costa Rican lunch will be prepared using a wood stove, and you'll get to taste the world-renowned Costa Rican coffee.
- Savor your homemade casado, a mix of rice, beans, salads, picadillos, the meat of your choosing, and fried sweet plantain.
- After lunch, you'll head to the highlight of the day: the Arenal Volcano.
- Pass through the massive lava fields that surround the peak, and take a couple of hours to hike the ancient lava flows that surround the base and learning about this natural wonder.
- While you cannot hike to the peak, we promise you'll enjoy the views that surround you as you explore the rugged and barren terrain of this vast monument.
- Finish the hike and return to your hotel for an evening of some well-earned rest.
16:30 - Drop off at La Fortuna & Arenal
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Hanging Bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall and Arenal Volcano Hiking Tour from La Fortuna & Arenal, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from La Fortuna & Arenal
Fully guided tour
Costa Rican Typical Lunch
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable clothes - A change of shoes and clothes may be also required if you plan to go for a swim to the refreshing waterfall!
Bathing suit & Towel
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Volcano Hike: 2-3km, slow pace suitable for all levels
Waterfall Hike: 520 steps down (usually takes 20 minutes on the way down and 25 on the way up)
The walk on the bridges goes at an easy pace so you can learn about the rainforest around you. The length of the tour on the longest trail is 2 miles and takes about 2 to 2.5 hours to complete
The tour is available for all ages, although we believe it's more enjoyable for kids 4 years and older