Great Montenegro Tour from Kotor Highlights
1See the natural splendor of Montenegro from bays to peaks
2Explore the country's rich cultural heritage and complex history
3Taste locally-made traditional Montenegrin dishes and liqueurs
4Visit exclusive locations from national parks to luxury resort towns
Why we chose this tourOur Great Montenegro Tour from Kotor is a comprehensive tour that dives into everything from the ancient history and modern marvels of Montenegro to the natural wonders and cultural heritage of the many cities you'll pass. With endless opportunities for incredible photos, tastes of local delicacies and drinks, visits to exclusive locations, and an expert guide that can bring the past to life, this tour is the best way to orient yourself in this unique and welcoming country. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Great Montenegro Tour from Kotor Itinerary
7:00-7:55 am - Pickup from Kotor, Budva, Tivat & Herceg Novi
- You will be picked up from centralized locations.
Great Montenegro Guided Tour
- Leave Kotor, driving high above the sparkling waters, and make your way up Lovćen Mountain as you drive the iconic Old Austro-Hungarian Road, curving around its 25 serpentines that have stood since 1884.
- Stop along the way for panoramic shots of the scenes below, and pass Boka Bay, listed as one of the 25 Most Beautiful Bays in the World, and end at the summit for more photos or to take a ride on Montenegro's longest zipline.
- Njeguši is your next destination, famous for its delicious prosciutto and home to a number of historic stone homes.
- This village full of roaming livestock and a bucolic atmosphere is where you'll eat a traditional breakfast at the country's oldest restaurant, opened in 1881.
- Try some home-brewed Rakija, a local brandy, along with your meal before making your way through the imposing National Park of Lovćen and its ruggedly beautiful sea of rocks on your way to the Lake Peak, home to the highest mausoleum in the world.
- It houses the Montenegrin poet and ruler Petar II Petrović Njegoš, and then you'll climb 500 steps to see an enormous sculpture by Ivan Meštrović.
- Carved from a single piece of granite, it stands 12 feet tall and is covered with 200,000 pieces of gold, creating a glimmering mosaic.
- Exit the mausoleum for a panoramic view of the valleys below, and then drive on to the old royal capital of Cetinje, passing Ivanova Korita, the only place with a freshwater spring in the mountain range.
- Continue to Cetinje, here since the 15th century and famous as the cradle of Montenegrin culture and the Orthodox religion, as well as home to stunning architecture, colored houses, and former embassies.
- Hit the highlights of the city, including the Monastery of Cetinje, King Nikola’s Palace, Court Church at Ćipur, and Biljarda.
- Continue to the Crnojević River, passing the Balkans' biggest lake of Skadar, and snap photos before taking a cruise along the river and enjoying a local lunch.
- Pass a number of wild birds and blooming water lilies before hopping in the water for a refreshing swim.
- Make your way towards the luxury island resort of Saint Stefan, a former fishing village that's now an exclusive town on the Riviera of Budva that was built in the 15th century to protect the island from Turkish and pirate invaders.
- As your tour comes to end, you can choose to be dropped off in Budva or Kotor to ease your travels.
Drop off in Kotor, Budva, Tivat & Herceg Novi
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Great Montenegro Tour from Kotor are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Great Montenegro Tour from Kotor, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Kotor
Fully guided tour
Boat ride on the river of Crnojević
Lunch and drinks
$15 Entrance fees to Lovćen National Park
Optional meals arrangement: Breakfast $8/ Lunch $11
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring