Granada Old Town & Albaicin Tapas Tour Highlights
1Explore Albaicin, the Arab Quarter tucked away in the hills of Granada
2Taste a local favorite, the sumptuous Pionono dessert dish
3Savor the best local tapas and wines in hidden bars and taverns
4Learn more about modern day customs and their fascinating roots
Why we chose this tourOur Granada Old Town & Albaicin Tapas Tour is a customizable and authentic experience that uncovers the heart and soul of this stunning city through a unique guided tour. You'll step back into history and taste the singular tapas and drinks that make Spanish cuisine beloved worldwide while seeing a new side of Granada with the help of your local expert. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Granada Old Town & Albaicin Tapas Tour Itinerary
12:00/18:00 - Meet in Granada
- Meet your local guide at Plaza Nueva.
Guided Tapas Tasting Tour of Granada Old Town & Albaicin
- Your trip back into the past begins at the deceptively named Plaza Nueva, the oldest square in Granada, and move into the mazelike streets of the oldest neighborhood in the city, Albaicin.
- The Arab Quarter is full of historic buildings, bazaar-like stores lining the streets, and the beautiful calle de las teterías, the street of tea houses.
- After admiring the beautiful architecture and vibrant life here, you'll get a taste of your first tapas, a surprise dish based inspired by the quarter itself.
- Continue to the central marketplace, marveling at the mix of goods and produce, as you hop from tapas bar to tapas bar, tasting different local specialties like jamon asado and delicious drinks.
- Once you're full of history and savory treats, you'll uncover the hidden crypts of Isabella and Ferdinand, learning about a different period of Granada's history.
- End the tour in the heart of the city at a buzzing tavern, where you'll learn more about the unique pionono dessert and its history, and why locals love it so much.
16:00/22:00 Drop off in Grenada
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Granada Old Town & Albaicin Tapas Tour are approximate
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Granada Old Town & Albaicin Tapas Tour, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Expert foodie guide
Walking tour of the Albaicin
Visit a local bar in the Albaicin
Visit 2-3 bars in the old town
3 Drinks per person (sherry, red or white wine, beer, tinto de verano, and of course, water)
3 tapas per person
You will be able to try some of the following (we will try our best to accomodate you): Hummus (a speciality from the Arab world), croquetas, meatballs, local tomatoes with avocado, roast ham, an assortment of olives (4 different types), gazpacho, flamenquin (a traditional ham and cheese roll), aubergine with honey, bread, picos.
Desert options could include, but not limited to: Pionono (a typical local dessert), coffee or ice cream
Entrance to monuments
Optional taxi or shuttle bus
Personal travel insurance
Menu can be adapted to vegetarians and allergies (please let us know beforehand)