Gothic & Art Deco Story Tour of Mumbai Highlights
01Stroll past art deco and Gothic structures that are UNESCO World Heritages Sites that have stood in Mumbai for centuries
02See India's best example of Victorian Gothic Revival architecture at the Victoria Terminus
03Visit the art deco masterpieces of the Eros Cinema and the Empress Court, which showcase the movements stunning angularity and attention to detail
04Uncover the mysterious and gripping story behind Rajabai Tower, Mumbai's Big Ben
Why we chose this tourOur Gothic & Art Deco Story Tour of Mumbai takes you through the storied streets to discover the best that these two iconic architectural styles have to offer in this energetic and intriguing city. Marvel at magnificent cinemas and exquisite fountains as you learn about Mumbai's recent past through the beauty of its buildings with the help of an expert local guide. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy Cancelation
Gothic & Art Deco Story Tour of Mumbai Itinerary
9:00 Pickup from Mumbai
- You'll be collected from central hotels in Mumbai before beginning the tour.
Guided Gothic and Art Deco Tour of Mumbai
- Your tour commences at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, a UNESCO World Heritage Building that may the best blend of Gothic elements with traditional Indian themes and architecture, and a scenic stroll past the Sterling Cinema, a landmark in south Mumbai, and the Azad Maidan, where most of the local schools hold their cricket matches.
- Your destination is the Flora Fountain, Mumbai's most famous fountain, exquisitely sculpted from Portland stone with a magnificent ornamental statue of Flora, the Roman goddess of flowers, sitting on its peak proudly.
- Your next stop is the Eros Cinema, a magnificent art deco cinema that resembles an angular tiered wedding cake topped by a semi-circular tower, and whose intricate decorations inside by Fritz von Dreiberg only add to the building's romance; your next stop is another art deco masterpiece: the Empress Court, a residential building that used to only house the city's elite and was considered a status symbol.
- Return to the Gothic style with Mumbai's High Court, topped by towering statues representing Justice and Mercy and known for its impressive towers and sweeping staircases.
- Head to the Big Ben of Mumbai: the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Rajabai Tower, a Gothic revival piece that perfect blends with art deco to house a reading room and library that has a staggering collection of over 70,000 rare books on the university's campus.
- The last two stops hit on highlights of the tour, the Gothic Ephinston College established in 1856, and the Regal Cinema, the city's first art deco cinemal hall built in 1933.
12:00 - Drop Off in Mumbai
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Gothic & Art Deco Story Tour of Mumbai are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Gothic & Art Deco Story Tour of Mumbai, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Mumbai
Fully guided tour
Lunch and drinks
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Related Tours and Experiences
Culture of Chennai 5 Day Tour PackageIndia | 5 days package From $579 Per Person
Architecture & Culture of Mumbai 5 Day Tour PackageIndia | 5 days package From $569 Per Person
Old Delhi Night Food WalkIndia | 5 hours tour From $79 Per Person
Breakfast Trail in Old DelhiIndia | 5 hours tour From $69 Per Person
3 Day Wildlife and Culture Private Tour of Thekkady from KochiIndia | 3 days package From $389 Per Person
Sultans Legacy & Wildlife of Bidar 2 Day Private Tour from HyderabadIndia | 2 days package From $329 Per Person
2 Day Yoga and Spirituality Private Tour in Rishikesh from New DelhiIndia | 2 days package From $369 Per Person
Ecology & Culture of Munnar 5 Day Private Tour from KochiIndia | 5 days package From $774 Per Person
5 Day Best of Rajasthan Private Package Tour Including Taj Mahal from New DelhiIndia | 5 days package From $1,579 Per Person
Taj Mahal & Wonders of Agra Tour from New DelhiIndia | 12 hours tour From $239 Per Person