1Stand in awe before Gomateswara, the world's tallest monolith statue, which stands at 800 meters above sea level and is carved from a single block of granite
2Learn about who Goateswara and his life story, and why he still inspires millions in our modern age
3Climb 600 scenic steps to the top of the statue, and catch a rare glimpse of the 24 Tirtankaras of Jainism
4Uncover the key tenets of Jainism, including the strong emphasis on compassion for all living creatures, from ants to antelopes
Why we chose this tourOur Gommateshwara Statue Tour from Bangalore gives you a crash course on the fascinating religion of Jainism, teaching you its central tenets and introducing you to key figures in this sect, focusing on Gometswara, the subject of the world's tallest monolith statue. You'll also discover the ancient city of Shravanabelagola and discover the rural cities that lie just outside of Bangalore. This tour is available every day and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Itinerary - Gommateshwara Statue Tour from Bangalore
7:30 AM Pickup from Bangalore
- You will be picked up from your hotel in Bangalore
Guided tour of Gommateshwara Statue Tour from Bangalore
- Exit Bangalore's busy streets and head to Shravanabelagola, stopping along the way at Yediyur, an important pilgrimage site for the Lingayat faith, for a quick breakfast before you continue your journey, passing rural Nelmangala, the famous war horse training facility at Kunigal, and the agricultural center of Hirisave.
- By 10 am, you'll be at the ancient town of Shravanabelagola and the base of the world's largest monolith statue, depicting Gomateswara, the son of the first Jain Tirtankara and you'll climb an hour up the 600 steps to reach the top of the statue.
- Once at the top, enjoy panoramic views of the 2,000 year old city below and the life of the statue's subject from his birth and renunciation to his enlightenment and salvation.
- After hearing Gomateswara's inspiring story, you'll see all of the 24 Tirtankaras, sages and spiritual teachers in Jainism, as well as inscriptions from 800-1800 CE that decorate the surrounding walls before you head back towards Bangalore.
Drop off in Bangalore
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
If you have any questions about our Gommateshwara Statue Tour from Bangalore, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Book Gommateshwara Statue Tour from Bangalore as a private tour, and customize the itinerary and locations for yourself, your family or a small group.