Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada Highlights
1Take a small tour with a 16 person limit to discover São Miguel
2Drive across the volcanic complex of Furnas to discover its wild beauty
3Taste a traditional Cozido stew that's unique to this region
4Visit thermal hot springs, lush gardens, and cinematic viewpoints
Why we chose this tourOur Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada is an intimate experience, limited to a maximum of 16 travelers, takes you across the island to visit historic tea factories, flowing hot springs, and famous botanical gardens. You'll taste local flavors and immerse yourself in the island's beauty with an expert guide by your side. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist JourneyHand-Crafted Insider Experiences
Awesome Customer Service
Best Price Guaranteed
Small Group Size
Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Ponta Delgada
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Ponta Delgada.
Guided Tour of Furnas
- Your first stop of the day on your tour of the fascinating island and tropical paradise of São Miguel is Chá Gorreana, Europe's oldest and only tea plantation.
- Wander through the immense factory before tasting one of their brews and enjoying a completely unique lunch, Cozido.
- It's a local stew cooked by the heat of the volcanoes that you'll enjoy at a traditional restaurant with views of the nearby landscapes and lush forests that ring the island.
- After lunch, continue to the historic Terra Nostra Botanical Garden that's stood here for decades.
- Along with their extraordinary collection of Azorean native plants, they're famous for their extensive section on exotic plants from across the globe. Here you can take the possibility and stop for a dip in the iron and mineral rich waters to rest and refresh yourself.
- The day begins to wrap up with a visit to Furnas Lake and its hot springs.
- The last stops of the day on your return to Ponta Delgada are scenic viewpoints along the way, including Pico de Ferro, famous for it's sweeping look at the landscapes below.
17:30 - Drop off at Ponta Delgada
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Availability and Pricing
Transportation to and from Ponta Delgada
Fully guided tour
Traditional meal (cozido)
Entrance to Terra Nostra Park
Visit to Gorreana Tea Factory
Visit to the Fumaroles
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable light clothes, sweater, raincoat
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Swimsuit & towel