Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada Highlights
01Take a small tour with a 16 person limit to discover São Miguel
02Drive across the volcanic complex of Furnas to discover its wild beauty
03Taste a traditional Cozido stew that's unique to this region
04Visit thermal hot springs, lush gardens, and cinematic viewpoints
Why we chose this tourOur Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada is an intimate experience, limited to a maximum of 16 travelers, takes you across the island to visit historic tea factories, flowing hot springs, and famous botanical gardens. You'll taste local flavors and immerse yourself in the island's beauty with an expert guide by your side. This tour is available every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and leaves with guaranteed departures.
Book With Tourist Journey
- Hand-Crafted Insider Experiences
- Awesome Customer Service
- Best Price Guaranteed
- Easy CancelationSmall Group Size
Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada Itinerary
9:00 - Pickup from Ponta Delgada
- You will be picked up from centralized locations in Ponta Delgada.
Guided Tour of Furnas
- Your first stop of the day on your tour of the fascinating island and tropical paradise of São Miguel is Chá Gorreana, Europe's oldest and only tea plantation.
- Wander through the immense factory before tasting one of their brews and enjoying a completely unique lunch, Cozido.
- It's a local stew cooked by the heat of the volcanoes that you'll enjoy at a traditional restaurant with views of the nearby landscapes and lush forests that ring the island.
- After lunch, continue to the historic Terra Nostra Botanical Garden that's stood here for decades.
- Along with their extraordinary collection of Azorean native plants, they're famous for their extensive section on exotic plants from across the globe. Here you can take the possibility and stop for a dip in the iron and mineral rich waters to rest and refresh yourself.
- The day begins to wrap up with a visit to Furnas Lake and its hot springs.
- The last stops of the day on your return to Ponta Delgada are scenic viewpoints along the way, including Pico de Ferro, famous for it's sweeping look at the landscapes below.
17:30 - Drop off at Ponta Delgada
- You will be dropped off at the same location you were picked up from.
NB - all timings on Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada are approximate
Ask a Question
Have a question?
If you have any questions about our Furnas Tour from Ponta Delgada, please contact us. Our team is standing by and will be happy to help
Transportation to and from Ponta Delgada
Fully guided tour
Traditional meal (cozido)
Entrance to Terra Nostra Park
Visit to Gorreana Tea Factory
Visit to the Fumaroles
Personal travel insurance
What to Bring
Walking shoes & comfortable light clothes, sweater, raincoat
Sunglasses & sunscreen
Swimsuit & towel
Related Tours and Experiences
Insider Lisbon Cruise TourPortugal | 2 hours tour From $49 Per Person
Lisbon Sunset CruisePortugal | 2 hours tour From $52 Per Person
Porto & Douro Valley 5 Day Tour PackagePortugal | 5 days package From $275 Per Person
Salto do Prego – Sanguinho Hiking Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 8 hours tour From $68 Per Person
Kayaking in Vila Franca do Campo, São Miguel – AzoresPortugal | 3 hours tour From $50 Per Person
Ribeira da Salga Canyoning Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 5 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Whale and Dolphin Watching Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 3 hours tour From $75 Per Person
Pico Island Tour from MadalenaPortugal | 8 hours tour From $105 Per Person
Lagoa do Fogo Hiking Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 7 hours tour From $65 Per Person
Lagoa do Fogo Jeep Tour from Ponta DelgadaPortugal | 4 hours tour From $60 Per Person